Movies Cloverfield, another NYC end of the world movie?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Mirage, Nov 24, 2007.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

This looks pretty interesting.. This movie didn't have a name for the longest time but it looks like the title is "Cloverfield".

Looks like the Day after Tomorrow meets Independence Day, but with no aliens, or at least not in the trailer.

Apple - Trailers - 01-18-08

2. Mr_Snipes

Mr_Snipes Registered Member

It looks interesting, but I don't see enough about the movie from the trailer to really decide if it is a movie that I want to see or not.

3. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

It's a huge disaster (possibly alien related from what I can tell) seen through the eyes of different individuals instead of like a normal movie. It will make you feel like you are part of the chaos and I really think this movie could be very cool.

4. Fresh

Fresh Aw, Here It Goes!

Just saw this at the 12:00 AM screening, I have to say im really disappointed they gave no information on attacker not to mention the movie itself was short. I stayed after the credits to see if there were any extra scenes and it felt like the credits were longer than the movie. If it wasnt for Hud the camera man I think I wouldnt be able to stan this movie at all.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2008
  5. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

Haven't seen it yet but it seems like New York just can't get a break.....

6. Hanzo_Hattori

Hanzo_Hattori For the Horde!

Why are the always destroying NY and WHY did the monster randomly attack that year and that day?

I think this is the monster :-o
    [​IMG]

7. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

I think thats supposed to be part of the charm, I havn't seen it yet but alot of reviews look pretty decent so I'll go see it. It's very blair witchy looking in style.

8. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

It has a 59/100 on Metacritic so far, so it seems the reviews (on average) aren't so great so far.

9. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

Why can't they ever flatten some other place like Chicago or Vegas or something?

10. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

Oh I was talking about Rotten Tomatoes, I think its somewhere around the 70 mark. I still wanna see it, Empire gave it 5 stars and I usually tend to agree with that magazine except on few cases.