Clothing brands

Xeilo

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Do you deliberately go out and look for certain brands of clothing? Or do you just get what looks nice and at the right price?

I have never been one to buy cloths for the brand name, I just go for what looks nice and the price comes into it as well, I don't want to be spending a fortune on a name or a logo or whatever. But a lot of my mates buy cloths for the brand, then try to show them off sometimes, can be annoying.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I have a specific brand I like because of the style and fit, plus I get a discount with one of the stores that carries it...so that's the clothing that I look for first. Brand is A.N.A.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
I tend to buy certain bands now. In the past when I didn't have money I would buy whatever looked good and was cheap.

I have recently discovered I enjoy most of the stitch work in clothes as oppose to graphic t.

So I tend to buy from Aeropostale, Hollister, Abercrombie, Express, and occasionally American Eagle. I listed the places from where I purchase clothes most frequently to the least.

I know someone who is an assistant manager at A & F so I only buy clothes with his discount there.

Aeropostale is reasonably priced with sales and Hollister isnt too bad in terms of price. I tend to like their style.

Express I go for business related apparel.

I also shop at places like JC Penny's and Kohl's too...

I do care how I look and what I wear and most of those clothing stores have similar styles that appeal to me.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
It's not for the brand but I find that specific stores do carry the types/style I go for. Example: Nafnaf for clothes and San Marino for shoes.

Other than that I just go to random stores that may have my size for the style I want (not always easy being petite). I wouldn't spend a fortune just for the brand/logo, it has to give me more value than that.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I like Aeropostale but some of my favorites are the cheap ass brands, like the Walmart ones. No Boundaries comes to mind. None of those lame "dragon riding a flaming skull" shirts, but just their regular clothes.

My $3 jeans from them lasted for four years.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
I like Aeropostale but some of my favorites are the cheap ass brands, like the Walmart ones. No Boundaries comes to mind. None of those lame "dragon riding a flaming skull" shirts, but just their regular clothes.

My $3 jeans from them lasted for four years.
I surprised their prices have dropped steadily in my area the past year or two.

I can get a nice shirt from them for 10 bucks.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I usually look for brand names:

American Eagle
Nike
Adidas
Polo
Gap
Tommy Hilifiger

I really wish we had a Holister store around my area, I really like there clothes.

Bananas

Endangered Species
Brands mean little to me. I rarely hunt for a brand name, the exception being shoes.

I cant notice the difference between an £80 designer pair of jeans and a £5 pair of cheapo ones. With shoes though they have to be crafted with good stitching, glue and materials, it pays-off and the difference in quality is noticed.

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
i dont really do the whole brand thing, mostly coz they are too much money. i just go for whatever looks nice and is at a reasonable price. i might indulge myself in brand clothing when i have some extra money in my back pocket :)

wolfheart

Registered Member
I dont bother buying brand names when clothes shopping i just buy what i like the look of.
I dont have the money to spend 80 and above quid on a pair of jeans.