Clothing advice

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xjokerz, Jul 9, 2010.

1. xjokerz

xjokerz New Member

First of all, I'm 21 years old. For the last three years, I've worn basically all Hollister. From time to time, I've bought some Aeropostale and American Eagle. I have many Hollister shirts and sweatshirts, as well as a pair of jeans and flip flops from there. I want to break away from this look. Any advice that would look good? I've thought about shopping at Macy's. I have the money for that. I'm kind of tired of dressing like a teenager (no offense to them, just time for an updated look) with the "preppy" look. What do you guys think?

2. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

Get some jeans, button down shirts to wear with those, and stay away from the ridiculously expensive brands. If you need something warm then get a real jacket an American Eagle hoodie doesn't count.

A few T shirts wouldn't hurt either.

That's the best advice I can give you. Hopefully it helps.

3. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

Yeah button down shirts are good. Jeans that aren't all cut up or have holes in them instantly kick you out of that teenage look, imo.

Not always wearing tennis shoes or flip flops helps. I can't think of the brands off the top of my head right now cause I mostly wear tennis shoes and whatnot now :p but i'm getting better

oh and I guess avoiding colors like pink or yellow. Just stuff that's really flashy

4. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

If you're tired of your style then have you actually been to some other stores and browsed for things you might like? That would be a good start. Maybe you could look at a couple ideas on the net for inspiration first. T-shirt and short cargo pants never gets old. Buttoned shirts are also good, even when just casual.

[​IMG]

5. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

Besides button down shirts and jeans, you should have a blue blazer and a pair of khaki pants. You need something like that to wear to a funeral/wedding/dinner..any place where you might need to dress up a little. Get a nice brown casual belt and some casual brown shoes.

6. Twitch

Twitch Registered Member

I'd say get a tux, or a suit. You'll never know when you'll need it.

7. Juan_Pablo

Juan_Pablo Registered Member

black/white T or just where a tank top, you can never go wrong with that esse. Jeans are good to, I wear mines baggy loose around the waist.

8. Ebola

Ebola Registered Member

At this time of year - just a thong.

You are welcome.

9. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

10. MAgnum9987

MAgnum9987 Do What Thou Wilt

Do not follow "style," "trends," or "fashion." When you go clothes shopping, only buy what you like, what is comfortable, and what you feel you look good in. Do not worry about "being stylish," "trendy," or "fashionable." Be relaxed, wear what you enjoy. The only thing you should worry about are the colors and textures. Some will just look hideous together, so avoid putting those which look hideous together. But you do not have to fret about having perfect color schemes. Stick to khakis, jeans, some shorts, t shirts, golf shirts, and a couple of button ups, work good together.
    ------
    [SARCASM] Yeah thats a good idea. Where your best tank top. [/SARCASM]

(true story, I've seen dudes where tank tops to funerals. Don't be a jersey shore dork, don't wear a tank top)

Last edited: Jul 17, 2010