• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Closing ceremony flag bearer (Canada)

Crypticshock

Registered Member
This guy!

http://www.canada.com/olympics/?p=88882

He is everything that Canada is today. The child of an immigrant who came to Canada for a better life. Consumes everything that is Canada and sacrifices his own personal goals so that his team, Canada, could have a better chance of a podium finish. Even after 10 members of his family purchased tickets to see him skate the 1000M.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
No complaints here. I think it would be a tremendous idea if he was able to be the flag bearer in the closing ceremonies. What he did is unheard of in sports- even for teammates/countryman. You work hard for four years, you qualify to make them the event, and you give it up to someone because you believe that you're not skating at your best and you believe your teammate is better. That takes courage.

Sabby

Bilodeau is another solid pick. He's my preference too...or the Dufour-Lapointe Sisters....because they're hot