Close to college years, recipe learning?

gmanlink

Registered Member
So, in about a year or so, I plan on going to some college, living on campus.

So, I figure I should learn to cook, but is there any point? I might be paying for a meal plan, but what if the food sucks? Would I be wasting money?

In that case, wouldn't buying groceries and cooking them be a cheaper way of living?

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
College life and cooking skills go together like rabbits and wolves.

Get to know your microwave and you'll be golden.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Just telling you the truth. Unless you're going to a very prestigous school, you're not going to have a kitchen available to you at all times. You'll need to eat some prepackaged food here and there. Just stick to a meal plan for your first two years until you get a better dorm that may have a kitchen.

BigBob

Registered Member
I don't see how you can say microwavable food is not appetizing unless you've been brought up in a rich home that only serves Angus Fillet's for dinner.

You'll learn to love soup and ramen.

Actually, I know a lot of students who rarely even touch the microwave. I'm rubbish at cooking but all my flatmates make their food from scratch most of the time. You should buy a student cook book (there's tons of them available) and maybe have a go at practising a few meals from there before you go, because the dishes are usually designed to be simple to make.