• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Cloning

SenatorB

J.S.P.S
He said "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness." It's hard to get more specific than that. You can't really interpret that in any other way besides that god looks like humans.

And if it isn't in the Bible, where is it? You said it was your faith. Your faith is based on what god wants for mankind, which in christianity, is dictated in the Bible. If it isn't in the Bible, where do you get that when cloning, "the child was not conceived through the way God intended."? Are you making it up?

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

Yeah my Faith as a Christian, that if you are not born through something that God had intended then you have no soul. You do realize that their are plenty of other Scriptures that are not in the Bible as well, you seem to focus on the Bible and yet ignore the things left out, mostly due to the Catholic Church. Regardless of that, it is my belief that sex was meant to express love or caring, and also to create life, which is why I believe a clone would have no soul.

You say you cant be more specific, but how do we know that God said that after he decided what he wanted, we really cant, so that really doesnt help your argument.

SenatorB

J.S.P.S
If it is not in the Bible, what piece of scripture is it in? I focus on the Bible because it happens to be the main piece of scripture, from which the vast majority of religious beliefs stem. But if it doesn't happen to be in the Bible, tell me what piece of scripture it IS in. If it isn't in anything, you're making it up. If you're making it up, it isn't part of the christian faith, it is your own personal belief, based soley on your own opinion.

The Old Testament portion of the Bible is supposedly the word of god, as transcribed by his prophets. God talked to them, and they wrote it down. Though there are almost certaintly translation issues from the original transcription, it's hard to imagine that the meaning of what is essentially "I made humans to look like me" would change very much.

If you are going to claim that the Bible is not valid, you have just negated the main document of your religion.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

The Bible is only the main piece of Scripture because we are told it is, by churches, a lot of various Scriptures are stored in the Vatican. I never said it was not valid, it can be viewed in different ways, considerng man had to write it down, not God himself.

SenatorB

J.S.P.S
Answer the question: If it is not in the Bible, where is it? If you're not making it up, it has to be somewhere.

If the Bible is the word of man, and not the word of god, it cannot be viewed at all as a piece of religious documentation, because it no longer is anything except the opinions of people long dead. If you view it as the word of god, as transcribed by man, you can view it religiously, but with a grain of salt due to the human transcription. Doing so, it is still hard to see that the meaning of "I made humans to look like me" would change.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

Again, READ WHAT I SAID, I was never stating that it was ANYWHERE, now was I? Are you saying people cant have their own personal beliefs? That is it HAS to be written down some where?

The Bible is the word of God, through man, no, I just have a different way of viewing it then you do.

SenatorB

J.S.P.S
Piccolo said:
Yeah my Faith as a Christian, that if you are not born through something that God had intended then you have no soul.
By faith as a christian, which you said on more than one occasion, you actually meant personal opinion then. Of course people can have their own personal beliefs that are not written down anywhere (the majority of mine are like this), but they cannot be claimed to be a true fact about god unless it is backed by scripture (supposedly the word of god, god telling man either a literal or non-literal description of how he wants things to go in the world), or if you maybe think god is telling you things (which I doubt, considering your religion claims there are no more prophets).

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

Yes, I do not believe I should have to state when something is my personal opinion 24/7, when it was quite obvious to me what I was saying. I would not say there are no more prophets, though havent seen any yet that, just ones that claimed to be prophets, and were insane.

SenatorB

J.S.P.S
No, you do not have to state that what you are saying is a personal opinion constantly. However, when you specifically and repeatedly say something is your faith as a christian, when it is actually your personal opinion, you have passed the point at which this is the case.

And I apologize, I mistyped that last statement. Your religion does not claim there will be no more prophets, merely that there haven't been any since Jesus. Which still precludes you from recieving specific instruction from god, making it again your own personal belief and not that of your religion.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

It is my personal opinion, as a Christian. I figured thats what you were trying to say about the prophet thing.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bcatz3 Science & History 10
Millz Science & History 18
sunrise Politics & Law 20
Daemonic Science & History 10
Mirage Science & History 18