Clippers vs Raptors

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

TORONTO (CP) -- The Toronto Raptors didn't need a buzzer-beater in Sunday's rematch with the Los Angeles Clippers - this one was decided much earlier.

Chris Bosh had 25 points and the Raptors set a season high in scoring on the way to a 122-110 win over the Clippers.

Bosh added seven rebounds and four assists as the Raptors led from start to finish, earning their third straight win and sixth in the past seven games. Combined with Atlanta's 101-99 overtime win over the New Jersey, Toronto (25-23) extended its lead atop the Atlantic Division to three games.

``I'm just proud of the way my team is playing,'' said Raptors head coach Sam Mitchell. ``They're playing with confidence, they're playing together. They're executing and if we do that, we're going to be tough to beat.''

T.J. Ford and Jose Calderon formed a formidable one-two punch at point guard, combining for 28 points and 19 assists as the Raptors finished with 30 helpers on the afternoon.

``We got the job done,'' said swingman Morris Peterson, who had 18 points. ``When we move the ball and make the extra pass, we have so many guys who can make shots, it makes it easy for us. I think guys are really starting to buy in.''

Ford, Anthony Parker and Jorge Garbajosa each had 17 points for Toronto, which tied a franchise record by shooting 70 per cent in the first half before 17,214 at the Air Canada Centre.

http://www.nba.com/raptors/news/postup_020407.html