Clinton stays in the race..

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by fleinn, May 24, 2008.

1. fleinn

fleinn 101010

...but now what?
    Clinton Kennedy Assassination Reference: Raises Bobby's Death To Explain Why She Stays In Race (VIDEO) - Politics on The Huffington Post

..Read more statements from the Obama and Clinton campaigns on the link above.

..I'm.. sure she meant that it wouldn't make sense to drop out of the race until the primaries are over, like RFK did until he was shot.

Not sure about if there's a '68 campaign dynamics going on here, anyway... But - what the hell? :lol:

Last edited: May 24, 2008

2. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

Clinton's just killing herself. I would LOVE to know how she is going to repay her campaign back after all of this because she has been borrowing money after she paid money to her own campaign.

ysabel likes this.
  3. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

She's waiting around for the DNC meeting on the 31st that will address the seating of the Michigan and Florida delegations at the convention. Likely they'll cut the delegate count in half, give the appropriate proportions in Florida and split Michigan 69-59 to Clinton. This will somewhat revitalize the campaign, however he'll still have a 120ish lead in pledged delegates.

Babe_Ruth likes this.
  4. MenInTights

MenInTights not a plastic bag

Its been a loooonnngg campaign. Little sleep - bad food - lots of stress. she made a dumb comment and the media is killing her for it. It didn't seem like that big a deal to me.

Vidic15 likes this.
  5. Van

Van Heavy Weapons Guy V.I.P.

Any one know how many delegates are actually left to be fought over? It can't be that many, and Obama will likely maintain a majority of the delegates until the convention comes.

6. Kazmarov

The delegate count depends on who you ask. People count superdelegates differently because some have supported a candidate unofficially and some have formally endorsed. Also, for a variety of states they haven't had state conventions, so delegates aren't set in stone and often fluctuate.

The Daily Kos puts Obama at 1,972 and Clinton at 1,780 with 290 delegates left (86 pledged and 204 super), so Obama needs around 53. If Michigan and Florida get let in, the magic number goes up by about a hundred and Obama's magic number stays the same or goes back slightly.

He's got a lock for pledged delegates. Clinton's attempting to eke out a win in the popular vote (which would require a landslide in Puerto Rico), and win the superdelegates who pledged to vote for the winner of the popular vote. I think the remaining superdelegates are going to en masse endorse Obama eventually and he'll take the nomination before the convention, lest there be a convention fight and it's like 1968 all over again.

7. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

Maybe if she weren't a lying, two-faced hypocritical politician she'd have won this a long time ago.

8. Kazmarov

In modern American politics that's not even that much of a handicap. It's mostly that she ran a terrible, terrible campaign that squandered money on advisors with crap advice and generally misjudged Obama's ability to win caucuses and raise money.

9. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

I should've added that she spent too much time pissing on Obama and too little time saying why everyone should vote for her. That and a seriousy bad case of nepotism.

10. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I just want it to be over so I can see the real issue debates between the Dem and Rep candidate and not the Dem and Dem debates.

dDave and Vidic15 like this.