• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Clinton: I thought øbama was gonna cry

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I couldn't tell if he meant Obama was going to cry, or the guy asking the question was going to cry. I can understand though, he's being told people don't have hope anymore and that his policies are failing, but a part of me thinks Clinton is saying this to further the idea that Obama cares, and that this guys question hit him because he cares so much deep down inside, which I call bullshit on.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
Do you think he's doing it on purpose Smilin?
Hmmm, let's see....the Clintons and øbamas hate each other....Bill frequently undermines øbama and pays him backhanded compliments...Hillary just got left holding the bag from Libya....

Nah, it couldn't possibly EVAR in a million years not even the slightest remote chance it could not have been intentional.

Don't even let that thought cross your mind. Not even for a fraction of a second.

And if, by chance, your mind wanders in that direction, think of

BOOBS

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
How Bill Clinton May Have Hurt the Obama Campaign - NYTimes.com

This was interesting. What the NYT said is Clinton convinced Team Obama to drop the line that Romney traveled whichever way the political winds blew and instead paint him as an extreme Conservative. That's the direction Obama went and it failed because nobody looks at Mitt Romney and sees a Rush Limbaugh type.
I think the NYT may be right. If Obama had stuck with the line that Romney was a flip-flopper, Obama might have won. Newt Gingrich took the win from Romney in SC because he ran non-stop ads of Romney saying he was pro-abortion, pro-universal healthcare, etc. The Gingrich ads in SC were brutal. Saying that Romney is an extreme Conservative because he wants to lower payroll taxes and cut spending a little just doesn't have the same effect.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I agree. I think he tried to paint him as a flip-flopper in the last debate with things like "you're all over the map" but for one that sounded stupid, and secondly he tried it on issues Romney hadn't flipped on. He's also trying it with " Romnesia" but while that may be cute, I don't want my president being cute. Call him on his flip flopping, don't make lame jokes about Romnesia being covered by Obamacare, it's not presidential. Obama just did a bad job attacking Romney on substance, which he had plenty of material to attack him on.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I've said it before, the behind the scene books on this election are going to be fascinating. Newt Gingrich did all of the prep work on Romney. All Obama had to do was take off Newt's name and say - 'I approve this message'. 2 weeks before the election, after all of the debates and after blowing a lead, now they are going to pull out the flip-flop card. Quite hilarious.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
Obama called Romney a bullshitter today, lots of class Mr. President. Oh hey, maybe it's HIM who doesn't understand the Constitution and that's he's the president and should act more appropriately.

I seriously think the guy is losing it. He looks like a guy who's about to have a nervous breakdown. In the debates he had a tendency to ramble on about nothing.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Obama called Romney a bullshitter today, lots of class Mr. President. Oh hey, maybe it's HIM who doesn't understand the Constitution and that's he's the president and should act more appropriately.

I seriously think the guy is losing it. He looks like a guy who's about to have a nervous breakdown. In the debates he had a tendency to ramble on about nothing.
This is from one of the dead security details in Libya:
Charles Woods Discusses His Son Tyrone Woods and Benghazi Attack With Glenn Beck | Video | TheBlaze.com

Now sometimes people that lose loved ones use that lose for political agenda. Like that code pink lady that lost her son. Cindy something. So, I don't know. Its a shocking story, but take it for what its worth.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I was just reading about that interview MIT. What's sad is we could have had help there within an hour and we did nothing. And then blamed a video for weeks. I have a tendency to believe Biden asked his dad what he asked him, the VP has the IQ of a snail. This administration disgusts me.