• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Cleveland trades for Luol Deng

VJ_Sportsgeek

Cleveland Cavs have landed SF Luol Deng from the Chicago Bulls for Andrew Bynum, 2 second rounds picks, a first round pick and the right to switch picks. Overall, Clevelands aiming for the last playoff spot, while Chicago's going full on tank mode

smh122

Registered Member
Cavs are completely stupid. Give up 3 picks for a guy who to now clog up the same position that your top pick plays?

Anyways, this likely clears Bynum's way to possibly the Heat which is the Pacers(and rest of the league) worst nightmare. Miami with a big man

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Seems like a win/win situation. Good trade by both teams. Bynum will get waived and sign with Clippers or Heat based off all the rumors swirling around.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Deng may have walked after this year and getting those picks is good move by the Bulls. As is waiving Bynum.

knickstape2107

Registered Member
Cavaliers needed a good SF and they got an All Star. They didnt "clog" the position. They got what they needed. They did not have a good SF before.
As for the Bulls, they get picks and CAP SPACE. This trade has made me a little scared w/ Carmelo set to become a FA in the summer. I think Melo will stay but Bulls will be in the running now after making some cap space.

BourneofDarkness15

Registered Member
VJ_Sportsgeek said:
Cleveland Cavs have landed SF Luol Deng from the Chicago Bulls for Andrew Bynum, 2 second rounds picks, a first round pick and the right to switch picks. Overall, Clevelands aiming for the last playoff spot, while Chicago's going full on tank mode
Bulls will have to get rid of Bynum, but the picks will help them, Cavs do get Deng which can help them probably get into the playoffs but they're still a first round exit.

knickstape2107

Registered Member
Joakim Noah does not seem happy about the trade either. Bynum has been released. Clippers, Heat, and Knicks are interested. I really hope the Knicks don't get Bynum. We are finally playing good and he would mess everything.

BourneofDarkness15

Registered Member
knickstape2107 said:
Joakim Noah does not seem happy about the trade either. Bynum has been released. Clippers, Heat, and Knicks are interested. I really hope the Knicks don't get Bynum. We are finally playing good and he would mess everything.
Bynum on the Knicks would be horrible that's for sure

knickstape2107

Registered Member
I read on Twitter they're interested. Obviously, it's just speculation and rumors. Hopefully, it doesn't happen. DONT GET BYNUM!!