• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

clerical dontgiveadamnitis

hepismis

Registered Member
I have a crapton of old books--1980s editions of classic philosophy, French-language novels published by Gallimard, out-of-print science fiction that's really hard to find, etc. I can't sell any of them because my decades of heavy smoking have contaminated the books with smoke residue, so I thought I'd donate them.

But I can't find any place to donate.

Everywhere I've contacted, including my city's library, fails to respond to my offer of donation with anything other than scripted copy-and-pasted form information that I've already read on their website. In some cases I doubt that an actual human being has even read my contact attempt.

It's like there isn't a single clerical staff member in the entire universe that actually gives enough of a damn about their job to handle an unusual situation.

If anyone here knows of a person or organization that would condescend to receive hundreds of free-of-charge books from me, please let me know.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Maybe look up some church flea markets in your area or any flea market for that matter. We have two here, one run by the Catholics and another by Baptists I donate to. Also there is always Goodwill.

hepismis

Registered Member
Maybe look up some church flea markets in your area or any flea market for that matter. We have two here, one run by the Catholics and another by Baptists I donate to. Also there is always Goodwill.
Thanks for the suggestions.

We actually have an unofficial flea market just south of here, across the street from a discount grocery store. I could set up a display there if there's room.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Thanks for the suggestions.

We actually have an unofficial flea market just south of here, across the street from a discount grocery store. I could set up a display there if there's room.
That's a good idea.