Clemson fires Bowden

Vegito728

Registered Member
Clemson fired football coach Tommy Bowden on Monday, four days after the Tigers lost to Wake Forest and fell to 3-3, according to multiple sources with knowledge of the situation.

Bowden informed his assistant coaches of his firing this morning. Assistant head coach/wide receivers coach Dabo Swinney has been named the team's interim coach for the final six regular-season games and potential bowl game.

Clemson has scheduled a late-afternoon news conference.

"They just told us. It's what he deserved," said senior quarterback Cullen Harper, who was benched after the Tigers' loss to Wake Forest loss and replaced by highly regarded sophomore Willy Korn. "Dabo Swinney is a fine man and will do an excellent job."
Source: ESPN - Sources: Bowden fired at Clemson after 3-3 start - College Football

The players seem to be happy about his firing so that tells you a lot right there. Good move by Clemson imo.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Definitely a good move. With all the talent on that team they should be competing for ACC championships every year. They always fail to live up to their expectations.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
wow. unbelievable.

I am a Clemson...attendee?...dropout..(did get a minor in econ)...whatever. Bowden is such a like able guy. He's done a hell of a job recruiting, but yeah, its been disappointing not getting at least one trophy under the guy with the talent he's had.

South Carolina has had the best coaches money could buy and look at Clemson in comparison. Clemson beats their in state rival almost every year, almost always goes to a bowl, plays head to head with FSU. South Carolina can't do that. I just worry that Clemson's going to end up in the SC rut.