• No

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Don't care

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I've been wondering about your opinion on this one, Hoosier.

I think he did, only because he's being so adamant and outspoken that he didn't. And that recorded conversation with his trainer - all the talk on the radio is that it was probably staged. Because why would he have recorded it?

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I think he did mainly because his name has drifted in and out of steroid talk for some time now.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think he's innocent till proven guilty, I think we will see who's lying and who's telling the truth when Roger Clemens and his former trainner go to congrest and go underoath. Someone will have to tell the truth, and I believe that Clemens will be innocent.

mopeg

Registered Member
Yes, Clemens did steroids. To think other-wise is wishful thinking. If he didn't, I would be completely shocked. The evidence against him is damning. This just isn't some person accusing him of taking steroids, this is his personal trainer whom he worked with for ten years, lived with, and has gone on record saying McNamee is the main reason for his success. I highly doubt that McNamee was buying steroids and only give them to Pettitte, Knoblauch, segui, grimsley, and whoever else he's said to have supplied steroids too, and not to his biggest client. Hell, If McNamee was such a bad guy, why did clemens persuade the yankees to hire him? why did clemens keep training with mcnamee, a guy who allegedly raped someone and did drugs, for so long? Come on, it just doesn't add up. Clemens stuck with McNamee for the same reason Bonds stuck with Anderson - Steroids and HGH. These guys had expert knowledge on the drugs, and both we're responsible for their clients steroid cycles and workouts. It's not very easy to find someone who has great knowledge on steroids and how they work.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah so I voted yes on this one as well...

This day in age its guilty until proven innocent and I know that sucks, but thats how it is a lot of the time. Do I want to believe Clemens? Sure do. Do I believe Clemens when he says he didnt take anything? No sir...

We're not stupid Roger. Pettitte admitted to it...why doesn't Clemens just own up to it? I guess its possible he didnt do it but there's been talk of him on the juice for a while now. His career is now over...no way he comes back.

I want to believe Roger but the way he talks and when I look at him and listen to him, I just have a hard time believing him. Why would this guy make that up about Roger? Was there a reason to do so? I dont think so.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Why would this guy make that up about Roger? Was there a reason to do so? I dont think so.
Exactly. I don't think McNamee would have any incentive to lie. Clemens has all the reason in the world to lie about it. Just because you haven't been proven guilty doesn't mean you're innocent. I wish they'd just hook these guys up to polygraphs.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
We'll personally I think he's innocent, I don't know why his trainer would lie about this, but I don't think he did take steroids. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I mean its one guys word against the other. How do you prove it? Why did Clemens' best friend admit to HGH use that was given to him by McNamee but Clemens denies it? Could it be that Clemens has more to lose then Pettitte? Like is Hall of Famer career and his good name in baseball?