Classical Music Reccomendations

Discussion in 'Music' started by Malificus, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

I'm looking for some recommendations for classical music. Stuff I have that I like: O Fortuna, Vivaldi's four seasons.

I like what I've heard by Beethoven, but wouldn't really know where to start if I actually wanted to get some of his better stuffs.

2. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

What have you heard from Beethoven? if you have not listened to the Ninth Symphony, I highly reccomend it. It's my favorite classical work.

Also you'd probably like Mozart's Eine Kleine Nachtmusik

3. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

That's part of the problem, I honestly don't know.

But thanks for the recommendations

EDIT: I didn't remember to mention this in my first post, but if you happen to know of any modernizations of Classical music (like Canon Rock) I'd like to know about those too.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2007
  4. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

Yeah. Problem with classic music is that the titles are so hard to know.

Let's see...

Poet and the Peasant Overture by Franz van something..

5. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

hmm how about

Debussy - Clair de Lune

lovely .. sounds really familiar, and ive looked at all the places its been used by i know i havnt heard it from them... (e.g its apparently in the film oceans eleven but i havent seen that

also i reckon you would like most of Tchaikovsky's stuff

6. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Haha becca, you jesus'd this thread big time (almost 10 months after). Still looking for recommendations, Mal? I love both of the songs you listed above. I'm sure you already have Canon in D. :)

Anyway, off the top of my head I pick Air on the G String by Bach, Ode to Joy (Beethoven), Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini (rachmaninoff), The Seasons (Haydn), Hallelujah Chorus (Handel), Sull Aria and Voi Che Sapete (Nozze di Figaro, Mozart), Barcarolle (Les Contes d'Hoffman, Offenbach)....ugh so many more.

It also depends if you any particular preference with instrumentation.

Rebeccaaa likes this.
  7. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

I'll try those out. try to get a better idea of what classical style I like most.