• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Classic Rock Official Thread

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
I thought we who love classic rock were under represented in the other rock thread, so I've decided to make on dedicated one to Classic Rock. Lets try to keep this thread pre 1980. :D

I think I'll kick off this thread with something a little different from Led Zeppelin.

YouTube - Led Zeppelin - No Quarter from Song Remains The Same

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I could spend hours posting songs in this thread. I'm a huge Classic Rock fan and have been for several years now. I'm at work right now so I cannot post many youtube videos at the moment, but I will when I get home I have some real beauties that I'm sure you guys will like.

I believe Classic Rock is the best genre when it comes to music, not only did you have great singers but you have amazing guitarist and drummers, even some of the bass players were extremely talented.

I'll start off by posting this beauty of a song, I'm a real big fan of Jefferson Airplane, and this is my favorite tune from them.

YouTube - somebody to love-jefferson airplane

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
aaah, here we go. I was wondering if I'd have to make this thread myself.

Connor, these are for you. Thanks for making this thread.

The ultimate classic rock song and one of the best covers in the history of music
YouTube - Jimi Hendrix- All Along the Watchtower

I'm going to sell you on the Stones if it kills me.
YouTube - Can't You Hear Me Knockin'
I know I kid you about Springsteen and the Stones, but I do actually like the Stones. That is a really good song by them. And anything by Jimi Hendrix to me is pure win.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Yeah, now you guys can stop your bitchin in the other thread! :p

For classic, I have a fondness for The Steve Miller Band:
YouTube - Steve Miller Band - Jet Airliner
YouTube - Steve Miller Band - Take The Money And Run

Doobie Brothers:
YouTube - Black Water - Doobie Brothers (with lyrics)

I also love me some Lynyrd Skynyrd....but I'll try not to list every song I love, as that would just be too much:
YouTube - Lynyrd Skynyrd - Simple Man
YouTube - Gimme Three Steps-Lynyrd Skynyrd
Gimme Three Steps was actually played at my cousin's funeral. It was her parents' favorite song, and they called her Linda Lou as a nickname (her name was Lauren). She died at 18 in a car accident when she was preparing to move a couple of towns over to go to college.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I know I kid you about Springsteen and the Stones, but I do actually like the Stones. That is a really good song by them. And anything by Jimi Hendrix to me is pure win.
YAY I thought I was going to have to tell you to shut it again. :p

here are two excellent versions of Dreams by Gregg Allman

The Allman Brothers Band
YouTube - The Allman Brothers Band- Dreams

Molly Hatchet
YouTube - Molly Hatchet - Dreams I'll Never See

I've never been able to decide which one I like better.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I know people might get angry at me but I never have been a real fan of The Stones and Hendrix. I do respect them as musicians and what they accomplished but I'll only listen to a few songs from both of them. That said, I have to admit that I love Gimme Shelter by the Stones.

Here's some other songs that I really enjoy.

YouTube - The Moody Blues - Nights In White Satin´67

Only heard this song for the first time a few months ago and I fell right in love with it.

Here's a great song from The Who, this song is simply amazing live. Roger Daltrey impresses me in this song.

YouTube - The Who - Baba O'riley

This one is for Jeanie, not a huge fan of The Boss anymore but this is by far my favorite song from Bruce Springsteen.

YouTube - Bruce Springsteen - The River
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2KRpRMSu4g

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Baba O'Reily is definitely one of my favorite Who songs. I like The River but it's so depressing. My favorite song off that album is Hungry Heart

YouTube - Hungry heart - Bruce Springsteen

One of the reasons I love Bruce so much, aside from his music, is he's a great guy. The River was released as a double album but he did not want the record company to charge double album prices for it so it would be accessible to all his fans.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
sunrise Music 4
Jeanie Music 11
ILOVEUSA911 Music 19
screech Music 30
H Music 19