PC Games Classic PC First Person Shooters

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Smelnick, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

Doom 2 has to be my favourite first person shooter ever. I love pretty much everything that ID software has come out with, but Doom 2 has to be one of the ones I've had the most fun with as far as single player fun goes.

Another one that was pretty humourous to play was Castle Wolfenstien and Spear of Destiny. Both of them are pretty wicked games. I love them all.

UT99 or Unreal Tournament : GOTY(Game of the year) are a little newer, and I found it to be really fun as well. I liked the simpler map editor to be the most fun. I spent more time creating my own maps, than actually playing the game.

Some more classic ones are Blake Stone, Duke Nukem 3D, and Shadow Warrior.

How about yourself? Which of the older PC FPS's do you remember playing? Or still play for that matter. Any obscure ones that you don't think people know about?

2. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Unreal Tournament (GOTY) because when I recently went back they had 'Monster Hunt' and 'Bunny Hop' types for online gaming. It was really fun and unique.

I've also played Delta Force: Land Warrior. It was quite fun because it wasn't all bout CQB like most of these games are these days. You could snipe and actually snipe, not be like 5 feet away from the enemies base and doing it. Heh.

3. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

I'm gonna go with Duke Nukem 3D... can't get anymore classic then that. I used to play that game into all hours of the night with my buddy on LAN. I think Duke Nukem set the stage for FPS.

4. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

Deus Ex. Probably one of the best games i'e ever played, and definitely a classic FPS, with some other game elements built in as well.

5. Smelnick

Duke Nuke 3d was definitely a great game, but I don't really agree that it set the stage. It was hardly the first FPS, and it didn't really introduce anything that other FPS's created at the same time introduced.

Quake, by ID Software, was revolutionary, and really got the ball rolling for FPS's. Quake introduced truely 3d floors, where you could go under a floor, and over and beside. Sure, Duke Nukem had that too, but Quake was the first. Once Quake 2 came out, other companies picked up on the engine and technology. Games like Duke and a few others came out. Then Epic Megagames/Atari came out with their new engine for UT99.

6. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Oh yeah, this was a great game as well. It made me like and enjoy FPS games on a whole new level.

7. generalblue

generalblue Where is my Queen?

The original Wolfenstein is the best FPS I have play. Duke Nukem was really cool too. I remember I was six years old when I played Wolfenstein. It was the first PC game that I have ever played.

8. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

You're all insane for not mentioning Half Life.

Doom 2 was my favorite next to Duke 3D.

9. Smelnick

Well, I never played the PC version of Half Life, just half life 2, but that's a lot newer, and so not really a "Classic" yet.

10. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

How can you start with the second one when the first one was absolutely amazing? You need to play the first one dude! I think you can buy it through Steam and I think you should consider it.

:D