• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Classic First Name

Dabs

Registered Member
When I was a young girl, first names were just 'simple ordinary' first names, I'm assuming.
My Mother's favorite actress was Debbie Reynolds and so my Mother named me Deborah, and I went by Debbie as I got older, for reasons I can't recall *ha*
But when my children were born, first names for children were becoming a little more different and unique, and even I tried coming up with first names for my own children that were not the ordinary Mark, John, Susie, etc.
Now, in our present, I have heard and seen all kinds of new children's names, new babies being born with names I can't pronounce.
Do you know anyone who has an "odd" first name??
I like to see first names that stand out :)

Last edited:

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
my sister's name is Dannille (rhymes with Camille). My dad made it up.

My niece's name is Tryn. My daughter's name is Delaney, which is not unheard of but still unusual enough that people will comment "oh, I know another Delaney".
------
Oh and there's an Atticus at my daughter's school. <3<3<3!!!

Atticus ftw.

Last edited:

Dabs

Registered Member
my sister's name is Dannille (rhymes with Camille). My dad made it up.

My niece's name is Tryn. My daughter's name is Delaney, which is not unheard of but still unusual enough that people will comment "oh, I know another Delaney".
------
Oh and there's an Atticus at my daughter's school. <3<3<3!!!

Atticus ftw.
Very beautiful names, I have liked Delaney since my grandbabies started being born, I always wished I had named one of them that :)
My youngest grandbaby is a little girl, she is 17 months, her name is Korea~

Last edited:

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
The only one I could think of off the top of my head is my niece's name. My cousin named his daughter Alvin, which is kinda weird since Alvin is boy's name.

LifeinthePond

Mark ov teh Pond
I wouldn't exactly say odd, uncommon maybe -- but my parents' names are:

Rocky and Britta.

Dabs

Registered Member
I wouldn't exactly say odd, uncommon maybe -- but my parents' names are:

Rocky and Britta.

Yeah, uncommon, but great names nonetheless~
And Bubbles, I understand about the Alvin name....but I see boys and girls with the names Taylor....and Tracy.....and Bobbie...so, Alvin just might be the new girl swing :)

LifeinthePond

Mark ov teh Pond
I don't like unisex names. I see them all over. Especially Taylors. I've known guys named Kelsey, and Kelly. Several in fact.

Anyways, speaking of odd my brother's ex-neighbor, she named her kid Tater. I'm pretty sure she named her kid that for the sole purpose of calling him Tater-tot as a cute baby nickname. Poor sod. His last name might as well be Hotdish because he's going to be made fun of.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I used to be friends with a guy named Ashley back Grade 9. It was the first Ashley I ever met that had a penis.

Another one I thought of was Lisa Bonet's (She played Denise on the Cosby Show.) She named her baby boy... Nakoa-Wolf Manakauapo Namakaeha Momoa. I shit you not, that is his real name

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
But...there is a man named Ashley in Gone With the Wind!

Anywho...the name that comes off the top of my head belongs to my step sister's son, my nephew, Keagan.