Movies Clash Of The.......wait a minute!

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Altanzitarron, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

This thread is not to discuss remake, there's already a thread for that and I don't want to take that off on a tangent. This thread has been made to address something that's been bugging me since I saw the film yesterday. The film is called Clash of the Titans but for the life of me I did not see a single Titan in the whole film and that stands for both the old and new version.

My friend stated that it's because
    Medusa's head is used to beat the Kraken which would be all well and good if either of those were actually Titans. Medussa is just a cursed human and the kraken is a beast created by Hades.

Can anyone shed any light on this? is there something I'm missing or does this film title just make no sense?

2. MAgnum9987

MAgnum9987 Do What Thou Wilt

I must say one thing: Shut up and go along with it. While this would normally bother me as well, I know that people are morons and don't get their facts strait and thus do stupid shit based off of their lack of proper knowledge.

3. Poetosis

Poetosis Registered Member

You are correct, and considering that your mind has recently been clouded by the God of War 3 Titans (in all of their useless, weak glory) it only strengthens the disbelief regarding the title and story.

I guess, within popular culture, all that mattered to the producers/directors was a couple of points:

1) There needed to be at least one word in the title that referred to some obscure part of Greek mythology. In this case "Titans" are a significant part, hence their place in the title.

2) Referring to Magnum's very good response, most of the public are rather dim-witted. In which case, the word "titans" appears to refer to its dictionary terminology - big forces, fighting against each other.

You are right Alt, and it does bug a particular number of people. Deal with it. =P

4. Adastra

Adastra Registered Member

Actually Titan IS the Kraken (which was to symbolize the Titan Atlas for the film). Controled and enslaved by Zeus. So yes there is a "Titan" in the film. But no clash of titans, medusa was a Gorgon not a titan. It really is to bad neither the old or new film fixed that discrepency. Since really all they illistrated was a poor version of the original myth which they obviously didn't research.

5. Poetosis

Poetosis Registered Member

Depends if you're taking "kraken" to refer to the thirteenth/fourteenth-century sea monster or as Ceto, who is indeed a daughter of Gaia (a Titan).

6. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

:lol: a little direct but I like it.