Movies Clash of the Titans

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Nightsurfer, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

Hi there movie goers.

How many of you remember the immortal classic Clash of the Titans?

Clash of the Titans is a 1981 fantasy and mythology movie based on the myth of Perseus.

If you haven't seen this check out these videos.

YouTube - Clash of Titans (trailer)

If you don't want to hear the music turn the volume on mute for these last two

YouTube - Clash of the Titans - Tribute

YouTube - Release the Kraken

I grew up on the stop motion classic, what can I say, the first time I saw Clash it blew my mind. It is one of the things that led me to work in the fields of robotics and movie props.

I would love to see this movie redone with all of todays technology and cool movie magic.

I know it looks cheesy now but when it came out it was state of the art stop motion and collimation and live action that the time had to offer.

So are you a Clash fan?

RATTIE likes this.

2. RATTIE

RATTIE Registered Member

I still Love it too. :cool:
    I used to watch it with my Dad, who's now gone :cry:.
    We Loved Sinbad and Jason and the Argonauts too, though King Kong (black and white) made me sad. :cool:

Syndicate likes this.
  3. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

I have all the Jason and the Argonauts on DVD. Picked them up at a flea market last month.

I love to waste a day watching those. I'm looking for all the Sinbad ones to add to my child hood memory's collection.

4. wolfheart

wolfheart Registered Member

I loved this,i was about 8 when i first saw it and it was the perfect way to escape into a fantasy world!.
    With todays advancements this would be amazing,but i think the stop motion will always hold a special place for me.