• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Clarence Clemons died

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Clarence Clemons dies

He had a stroke about a week ago and had been showing signs of improvement, but he died last night. :cry:

:candle:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
That's terrible!! I heard that he was doing much better too.

He was a tremendous talent, and a genuine good person. He'll definitely be missed in the music business.

RIP!!
------
So I was driving to work this morning, and I was listening to one of our local radio stations and one of the DJ's is a huge fan of Bruce Springsteen and E Street Band. She saw Bruce by himself and with his band seventeen times. Anyway, she shared one of her stories this morning which I thought you might enjoy Jeanie.

She went to a concert with a friend of hers, this friend knew one of the managers for the band, so after the concert she called him up. He told them they can go in their hotel room if they like, they both said yes. When they get to the room there's no one there, her friend gets a call and leaves the room, so there's only the DJ left in the room. She decides to put the TV on and she starts watching downhill skiing. Few minutes later Clarence walks in the room by himself, and sits in the bed right beside her, doesn't ask her who she. The first thing he says to her is what are we watching, then afterwards they just started to talk about downhill skiing. I thought that was a pretty cool thing to do on his part. A lot of musicians would just call security right away, especially when they have no clue who that person is.

Last edited:

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
That's a great story, Biz, thanks for sharing that. He was a really cool guy. He had such presence. When I saw them in concert a few years ago, he was wearing gold nail polish. Like who can get away with that, right? But the Big Man could and did.

Bruce always introduced him last when introducing the band, as a show of respect.

When the change was made uptown
and the Big Man joined the band
from the coastline to the city
all the little pretties raise their hands
I'm gonna sit back right easy and laugh
when Scooter and the Big Man bust this city in half

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
This was very sad to hear. I've never been a fan of theirs but the guy was an amazing talent. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L NFL 9