• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Civilization will collapse in 2040

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Scientists predict a global catastrophe in the next 30 years if we don’t change our ways now — and Australia won’t be spared.

With the world’s population set to hit nine billion by 2050, demands on the Earth to meet food and water supplies could be stretched so tightly humankind will implode on itself; causing civil wars, relentless terrorism and heightened weather events that will leave the world in tatters.
Bye, bye birdie: Civilisation will collapse in 2040, apparently

This study was done for the insurance industry but still if the population keeps going up this will most likely happen at some point. Just hope not so soon so maybe man can get their numbers under control without doing it by starving to death.

They said we would have to more than double our global agricultural output by 2050 to meet global demands. I don't see that happening. I've read we are at peak farming right now. Throw water shortages in I can see it going down.

Thoughts?