City or Country Life?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dragon, May 23, 2010.

1. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Would you pick the city life or the country life?

I think I would have to pick the city life because there are more things to do. You can go to the bars, restaurants and go see movies.

I use to live out in the country and it was peaceful and quiet. Not much to do really. Just swing on the swing set and shoot hoops. The nearest movie theater was probably about 15 miles away.

2. idisrsly

idisrsly I'm serious V.I.P. Lifetime

I am a city girl through and through. Occasionally I even go through stages where I don't go out that much, but I still need to be in the city for quick and easy access just in case something comes up.

That said though, I do enjoy my country (more like wilderness safaris here) holidays. They completely relax me. That and beach holidays. But I would no doubt loose what is left of my mind if I had to live in (near) isolation!!!

3. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I would prefer to live in a city because I like to know 'what's going on'. I wouldn't like to be isolated in the country for a long period of time (talking years, not weeks. I wouldn't mind that).

Though, I do love the countryside and going for walks with nothing but green for miles in all directions. A mixture of both is a definite win, for me. Suburbs!

4. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Tough call. I like isolation and solitude, but I'm not sure I would like living like that. I've always lived in urban environments and I like the convenience of having everything nearby. I'm more of a suburbs guy than a "city" guy though. I can't stand the traffic, crowdedness, and noise of big cities like Chicago.

Boredie likes this.
  5. Darnell

Darnell Registered Member

I have lived in the city all my life. Personaly if I had the choice/money, I would move to the country. Excluding the internet I am not a very sociable person and feel that "country life" would suit my personality better.

6. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

This is a hard one. I grew up in the country, and even though there are many things to do in the city and everything is so convenient, nothing quite beats the fresh country air, the space, lack of concrete and peacefulness. So, country for me.

7. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

I grew up in the country until I was 18 and then I moved to a city.
    After 2 years of living in the city I can safely say I prefer country life.

Although living in the city is where all the action is and where you can go to the shops or movies or restaraunts whenever you want I still prefer the country.

I prefer the country because I like the quiet better and I can't stand traffic and millions of people crowding everywhere all the time. I also feel safer in the country, that doesnt mean that I am safer in the country but I guess cities (for me) have a more dangerous feel about them, also in the cities I just feel like just another person in the thousands or millions that live in that city. In the country it feels different.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2010
  8. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

I've never tried the country life but I can say that I love the city life!
    I like to be surrounded by people, activities, noise and everything.
    I wouldn't want to live in a quite/isolated country.

9. Sorrel

Sorrel Registered Member

I love the country life, though my partner is having a lot of trouble adjusting to it.

I loved city life when I was younger: London, Berlin, Amsterdam. These days I wouldn't enjoy living in London or Amsterdam unless I had loads of money and could choose a relatively safe and quiet place to live.Berlin is still a wonderful city where I could happily live.

10. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

As an advocate of the Country Life... I have to say that these things are not just a City-Related things. For us Country-Bumkins, they are just few and far between. Which makes them even more of an event.

I had to laugh because the first thing that came to my my mind was the lyrics to this song;

I prefer the Country Life way before the City Life. In fact right now Kim and I are sorta on the brink of getting ready to look for our First house (although I'm not ready yet financially). And our biggest defining factor besides finding a place we can afford, is finding a place out in the country.