• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Citizenship Test

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm sure most of you have heard about Arizona's new law requiring students to pass a citizenship test.

To get their diploma, Arizona students must pass citizenship test - Yahoo News

Personally I don't see the big deal but some seem to be against it. I don't think it hurts anything at all to have to pass the same test to graduate that new citizens have to take and pass to become citizens.

In the state that I live it isn't required, as many don't, but you do have to pass a constitution test both state and US.

Thoughts?

dDave

V.I.P.
I wasn't required to pass one but I did (I was one of only 2 people in my class of over 100 to pass). Honestly, I don't see why this shouldn't be required. I didn't find the stuff on the test to be unreasonable at all. History is immeasurably important and I feel like most students simply do not know the history they should, it's really sad.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I didn't have to take one in high school but I took one off the internet and passed. Seems like I got like 92 to 96%, or something like that. I really didn't think it was hard.