Circumsicion: Right or Wrong?

Hiei

The Hierophant
So let's hear it. What do you guys think about circumcision? Do you think that it's a good idea for whatever reason? Do you think that it's a bad idea for whatever reason?

Personally, I am completely against circumcision. It's barbaric, has very little actual benefits, and an uncircumcised penis is actually better for sex, the health of the guy, it's naturally how it comes.

I have this debate with a lot of people at various times of my life, and it seems that the biggest argument that I hear in favor of circumcision is that it makes cleaning the penis a lot easier. If that's the biggest thing that's supporting circumcision, that's completely wrong. It might take an extra ten seconds to clean an uncircumcised penis, but look at a vagina. A vagina has to be about ten-thousand times more maintenance than any penis anywhere. It bleeds on a regular basis, leaks fluid, and women have to go to a specific doctor and there's a whole field of medicine specifically FOR a vagina. Now, how does that compare to a penis, circumcised or not?

An uncircumcised penis, actually makes sex better for both parties involved, as I said before. What the foreskin is designed to do is to protect the head of the penis because the head of the penis is where most of the nerve endings are. Sex, for an uncircumcised male, is in fact more pleasurable than an uncircumcised male. Also, the foreskin lets the penis pump in and out without actually removing any of the vaginal fluid, whereas a circumcised penis will pull fluid out with the bottom ridge of the head of the penis resulting in loss of lubrication.

There have been studies done on infants that have been circumcised to see how they react to being circumcised. As it turns out, baby boys react as if it's a life changing event. Go figure.

Infant Responses During and Following Circumcision

Circumcision resulted in significantly higher levels of behavioral distress and blood cortisol levels than did the other procedures. Since the infant is restrained during circumcision, the response to the use of restraint was similarly tested and was not found to be measurably distressing to newborns.( 1) Circumcision is a surgical procedure that involves forcefully separating the foreskin from the glans and then cutting it off. It is typically accomplished with a special clamp device ( see Fig. 2 ). Over a dozen studies confirm the extreme pain of circumcision. It has been described as “among the most painful [procedures] performed in neonatal medicine.”( 2) In one study, researchers concluded that the pain was “severe and persistent.”( 3) Increases in heart rate of 55 beats per minute have been recorded, about a 50 percent increase over the baseline.( 4) After circumcision, the level of blood cortisol increased by a factor of three to four times the level prior to circumcision.( 5) Investigators reported, “This level of pain would not be tolerated by older patients.

I can go on and on about how truly terrible this procedure is, but I want to get some responses before I carry out this full debate on my own. But just keep one thing in mind. A circumcision is something that is done only once and cannot be reversed.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I really don't know how I feel about it. All I know is that I'm glad I had a girl and didn't have to make the decision. It's pretty much a given in the US, so a kid who is uncircumcised might face a little teasing, but is that enough reason to do it? I don't believe so, but again I'm glad I didn't have to make that decision.

For the record, I have never seen an uncircumcised penis, except on a baby that I was babysitting when I had to change his diaper.

Hiei

The Hierophant
I'm circumcised and honestly, I feel wronged because of it. There was absolutely no reason for me to be circumcised other than because my parents wanted me to be circumcised. If I ever have a boy, I'm not going to get him circumcised. And if he asks why his looks different than mine, I'll just tell him that I have a boo boo on mine and that his is perfectly fine and that there's nothing to be worried about. Just do everything in my power to make him feel comfortable about his penis.

And I don't think that teasing would actually play much a part of it. Being a guy myself, even when I was in elementary school, I didn't go around showing everyone my penis and I didn't know any other little boys that did that, either. I don't think it'd be much of an issue until about high school when you need to use the locker room showers, and by then, I don't think it'd matter at all. Not that I'm trying to argue with you, but I just feel that circumcision is such a bad idea and a horrible procedure that there is absolutely nothing that can convince me that it's a good idea at all.

Bliss

Sally Twit
It was only through this forum that I found out it was common in America for males to get the snip. I thought it was a religion thing.
I think it should be left to the individual to decide.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I'm not sure how I feel about it. I have only seen circumsized penises myself...but even still, I don't think I could purposely put a baby through that kind of pain, and I really don't see a need for it.

If he felt wronged later, then he could always get the procedure done when it is his choice.

I heard a few heart breaking stories about female circumcisions, or female genital mutilation. I guess I'm not really understanding why circumcisions for males are not viewed in the same way.

Hiei

The Hierophant
I thought this was interesting. It's from the same website.

Another perspective on the infant’s response to circumcision pain is provided by Marilyn Milos, who witnessed a circumcision during her training in nursing school:

We students filed into the newborn nursery to find a baby strapped spread-eagle to a plastic board on a counter top across the room. He was struggling against his restraints—tugging, whimpering, and then crying helplessly. . . . I stroked his little head and spoke softly to him. He began to relax and was momentarily quiet. The silence was soon broken by a piercing scream—the baby’s reaction to having his foreskin pinched and crushed as the doctor attached the clamp to his penis. The shriek intensified when the doctor inserted an instrument between the foreskin and the glans (head of the penis), tearing the two structures apart. The baby started shaking his head back and forth—the only part of his body free to move—as the doctor used another clamp to crush the foreskin lengthwise, which he then cut. This made the opening of the foreskin large enough to insert a circumcision instrument, the device used to protect the glans from being severed during the surgery. The baby began to gasp and choke, breathless from his shrill continuous screams. . . . During the next stage of the surgery, the doctor crushed the foreskin against the circumcision instrument and then, finally, amputated it. The baby was limp, exhausted, spent.( 12
Also, I think it's important to know that most babies are circumcised without the use of any type of anesthetic. Thus, the baby will feel the entire surgery and be completely conscious.
------
It was only through this forum that I found out it was common in America for males to get the snip. I thought it was a religion thing.
I think it should be left to the individual to decide.
I'm pretty sure that it was originally a Jewish tradition that's just kind of leaked out to the rest of America. I'm not entirely sure why the Jews would practice such a thing, or if it's not the Jews, why any religion would practice such a thing unless they specifically wanted to introduce pain to sex to keep people from having sex.

I'm not sure how I feel about it. I have only seen circumsized penises myself...but even still, I don't think I could purposely put a baby through that kind of pain, and I really don't see a need for it.

If he felt wronged later, then he could always get the procedure done when it is his choice.

I heard a few heart breaking stories about female circumcisions, or female genital mutilation. I guess I'm not really understanding why circumcisions for males are not viewed in the same way.
Female genital mutilation has basically the same effect that I was saying earlier in this post. It's basically intended to introduce pain to sex so people stop having sex. That's seriously the only reason for female circumcisions.

And as far as feeling wronged and getting it done later in life, if you're talking about how I feel wronged, that's because I was circumcised when I was about two or three and there was no reason for it. It's not a procedure that you can reverse and it causes permanent damage.

However, if you weren't talking about that, then I agree. If a guy wants to get circumcised, let it be up to him if he wants it or not. When it comes down to it, it's his penis, not anyone elses. If anyone should have a say in what happens to it, it should be him.

Last edited:

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Female genital mutilation has basically the same effect that I was saying earlier in this post. It's basically intended to introduce pain to sex so people stop having sex. That's seriously the only reason for female circumcisions.

And as far as feeling wronged and getting it done later in life, if you're talking about how I feel wronged, that's because I was circumcised when I was about two or three and there was no reason for it. It's not a procedure that you can reverse and it causes permanent damage.

However, if you weren't talking about that, then I agree. If a guy wants to get circumcised, let it be up to him if he wants it or not. When it comes down to it, it's his penis, not anyone elses. If anyone should have a say in what happens to it, it should be him.
I was referring to if he felt wronged for NOT having a circumcision, then he can always get it done when it is his choice. I don't feel right about making that decision, honestly.

Vixen

Registered Member
So let's hear it. What do you guys think about circumcision? Do you think that it's a good idea for whatever reason? Do you think that it's a bad idea for whatever reason?

Personally, I am completely against circumcision. It's barbaric, has very little actual benefits, and an uncircumcised penis is actually better for sex, the health of the guy, it's naturally how it comes.

I have this debate with a lot of people at various times of my life, and it seems that the biggest argument that I hear in favor of circumcision is that it makes cleaning the penis a lot easier. If that's the biggest thing that's supporting circumcision, that's completely wrong. It might take an extra ten seconds to clean an uncircumcised penis, but look at a vagina. A vagina has to be about ten-thousand times more maintenance than any penis anywhere. It bleeds on a regular basis, leaks fluid, and women have to go to a specific doctor and there's a whole field of medicine specifically FOR a vagina. Now, how does that compare to a penis, circumcised or not?

An uncircumcised penis, actually makes sex better for both parties involved, as I said before. What the foreskin is designed to do is to protect the head of the penis because the head of the penis is where most of the nerve endings are. Sex, for an uncircumcised male, is in fact more pleasurable than an uncircumcised male. Also, the foreskin lets the penis pump in and out without actually removing any of the vaginal fluid, whereas a circumcised penis will pull fluid out with the bottom ridge of the head of the penis resulting in loss of lubrication.

There have been studies done on infants that have been circumcised to see how they react to being circumcised. As it turns out, baby boys react as if it's a life changing event. Go figure.

[/font]

I can go on and on about how truly terrible this procedure is, but I want to get some responses before I carry out this full debate on my own. But just keep one thing in mind. A circumcision is something that is done only once and cannot be reversed.
I believe it's more healthier and hygenic. If I had a manhood I would certainly have a circumscision. My future baby bot (if it ever happens) will have one.
I respect Jewish people greatly for maing it a necessity.

Bliss

Sally Twit
If you can't be bothered to clean your cock properly then you don't deserve to have one. I hate that reason - that it's more hygienic. Sounds like laziness to me.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
I believe (i could be wrong) circumcision is a judeo-christian tradition and any "reason" for it is just a rationalization. It was intended to be an outward sign of religious belief.

Female circumcision involves the removal of the clitoris for the purpose of reducing/eliminating sexual pleasure so that females are not promiscuous. Barbaric.