Church sends $1,000 collection notice to member.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
The funny part is it being a Baptist church. Somehow I doubt they're worth the money they're asking. Not that any church should, because they shouldn't, but Baptists are one of those known for guilting people into believing in God and Christian teachings with fear of judgment day as well as what can only be described as "general ignorance" supported by a one-dimensional view of the bible. I cannot imagine services worth paying that kind of money for, especially as a requirement. That's when it's time to get out and go find another church. I wouldn't say the church should lose its "church status", but it's pretty shameful for them to do that.

Baptist. HAH!!!

Right. Plenty others I can see being good enough for that, but not them. No way.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Baptists are no better or worse than other denominations. They all want your money and for you to believe the way they do. I think its crazy to require them to pay though.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
No, Baptists are bad. Catholics are not as bad as them for sure. I can see if maybe someone was a real "Superstar Preacher" and had like the most kickass surmons and whatnot, but I don't believe that a Baptist church would produce anywhere near this. Please don't lump all Christians into one horrible group. That's simply not the case. I can see this type of thing coming from them and completely unjustified in doing so.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have been baptized, I am a baptist although not practicing. Yes they can be strict, go by the bible but I have never had them demand payment. Some baptists I know are too critical of people and others are not, can't lump them all in one group. I also know people of other faiths and I get along just fine with them. All have their own personalities regardless of faith. I also know people that wouldn't step foot inside a church and have just many morals as the faithful or lack thereof.