Chrome add ons

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Iris, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

Any of your guys use them?

I'm trying to find a good ad blocker but everything I've tried doesn't seem to work.

2. Maelstrom

Maelstrom New Member

I use the Adblock extension for Chrome. Use google and search 'adblock for chrome'.

3. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

I really wish there were add-ons that (a) made the built-in dictionary less ass, and (b) actually allowed a goddamn force refresh.

Seriously wondering why I'm not just going back to Firefox...

4. Snackysniper

Snackysniper New Member

I have one but I don't know what it is anymore because I don't use chrome anymore. I can't post links yet so I can't tell you where it came from

5. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

By "ad-blocker" do you mean literally block ads? Like the ones that show up on GF pretty much everywhere. Or are you talking about popups?

There seems to be a huge selection on Google search, did you try any of those?

chrome ad blocker - Google Search

6. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I know, I jesus'd the thread. I wanted to make a new one about this but this works.

I just heard about the Chrome AdBlock plus - it used to have a different name before but now it's like that and the current version works in the same way FireFox abp stop dowloading advertisements. I saw a big change while surfing GF. Even if I'm VIP I see an occasional ad here and there or when I go to the homepage before I log. They're gone now.

7. ATARIGUY

ATARIGUY Beermister

I have AdBlockPlus for both Chrome and FF and they work great !!

However they both have trouble with pop unders :(

8. KSpiceFantastic

KSpiceFantastic Haters gonna hate.

9. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

What's a pop under? And with what about it is adblock Chrome having trouble?

10. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I'm really glad I checked this thread because I didn't know Chrome had an adblocker. I've got it installed now, thanks guys.