• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Christmas

redroses

Registered Member
So this year I'm really not in the Christmas spirit, anyone else feeling like this I think it might just be something that happens as you get older i miss being a little kid and the excitment of the countdown to christmas and Santa :sigh:

Dabs

Registered Member
I believe I can feel your pain *sigh*
If it weren't for my grandchildren, I wouldn't do anything for Christmas.
It's not the same anymore......not only do we get older, and our children grow up and leave..well, mine did.....but we lose our loved ones as the years go by.
Kind of makes the magical season not so magical :(

Ilus_Unistus

Registered Member
I have never celebrated Christmas. I admire the intentions of it, to be giving, but is such a commercialized driven holiday.

For a few years now in this time of year I try hard to find someway I can be helpful to people who have less than me or can use my help, and this to me feels good, so maybe this is my Christmas.

Also, I must add a few here at GF have given to me something, one very recent, I could not have on my own, and for this I am grateful, and it feels just as nice to receive as to give, even if just a small thing... thank you.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I wasn't much into it but I decided to be excited for it. Played Christmas CDs, went shopping for decors, and bought gifts and wrapped them. Might as well get into the mood and make others happy.

Blueyes

Registered Member
I've never been one for the holidays. I used to be excited for Santa until I spied on my parents when I was 5-6 and found out the truth. I remember we were in Germany at the time and had the old key hole style on the door with the heavy metal keys and I spied through that as well as underneath the door since it was wood floors and there was about an inch or two you could see underneath. Almost got caught too cuz they saw a shadow and came to investigate.

RATTIE

Registered Member
I'm more than happy as long as I get a nommy dinner. :)
I Love the twinkly lights and shiny tinsel that comes with it too.

Dabs

Registered Member
I've never been one for the holidays. I used to be excited for Santa until I spied on my parents when I was 5-6 and found out the truth. I remember we were in Germany at the time and had the old key hole style on the door with the heavy metal keys and I spied through that as well as underneath the door since it was wood floors and there was about an inch or two you could see underneath. Almost got caught too cuz they saw a shadow and came to investigate.

I can relate.....not sure I ever totally believed in Santa, but I remember asking my Mother once why "Santa's" handwriting looked the same as hers.

shelgarr

Registered Member
Yep, know what you mean. About every 3rd or 4th year I like it, but mostly I range from neutral-to-scrooge. The big change in me was about 4 years ago when my then 10 and 13 year old children started to grumble about what Santa brought. It was their lack of gratitude and the overt materialism that soured the holiday. I've adapted somewhat since I know that being egocentric is a juvenile development phase. It's good medicine though when I can grumble right back when they get "selfish".