• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Christmas pulled after Muslims complain.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
The conservative Education Action Group reported that the Montgomery County School District “stripped Christmas and Jewish holy holidays from its official calendar after Muslim parents complained,” and the headline warned that a “suburban DC school district takes Christmas off (the) calendar after Muslims complain.”

School board yanks Christmas from calendar after Muslims ask for their own holiday off
You still get the day off for Christian and Jewish holidays they just don't call them religious holidays.

They give the Muslim students excused absences for the Muslim holiday of Eid ul Fitr if they want to miss school that day. The Muslims don't like that though they want the school closed even though there's not a lot of Muslims in the community.

I think it would be silly to close the school for a hand full of students. However if your closing it for some religions wouldn't it be illegal not to recognize other religions?

Thoughts?

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
You still get the day off for Christian and Jewish holidays they just don't call them religious holidays.

They give the Muslim students excused absences for the Muslim holiday of Eid ul Fitr if they want to miss school that day. The Muslims don't like that though they want the school closed even though there's not a lot of Muslims in the community.

I think it would be silly to close the school for a hand full of students. However if your closing it for some religions wouldn't it be illegal not to recognize other religions?

Thoughts?
No, because members of other religions will not resort to group violence if they don't get their way. Not that I'm suggesting Islam is a violent religion 'cause if I did that they might riot and burn a bunch of churches in protest. While the school is closed they can start on the process of remodeling the bathrooms so none of the toilets face Mecca. Only the boys will need to return to the school. The girls can just be sold or whatever.

- Cham

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm sure if they were in a country run by Muslims they would be recognizing Christian holidays, not. I wouldn't be surprised if gang mentality didn't set in and these same people would probably attack a Christian for even asking.