• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Christmas Morning/Evening

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
For a long time my christmas mornings especially when living at home followed the same basic pattern. Before her retirement my mum was a nurse and would work every other year on christmas day. She would do it more often when me and my sister grew up as we started to understand she needed to do this, it was part of the working life. She would go to work and then come back in the afternoon and we would have dinner in the evening. I know a lot of people tend to have lunch in the afternoon but I often find this makes you very sleepy and besides, I like going for a pint with my father at midday on christmas day, we have only recently started doing this and it is very nice.

How does your day go? Is it planned or do you kind of just go with the flow? Is it a busy day or very quiet and understated?

Elanor

Registered Member
The way my family spends Christmas hasn't changed in about 25 years :lol: I think we are a bit set in our ways. The morning is usually travelling to my Gran's house, we have never done anything special for breakfast. Lunch is early afternoon, followed by presents, then the Grown-ups like to watch the Queen's Speech. For us it is just nice to actually all be together, most of us hardly see each other during the year, so it is good to be able to catch up.

dDave

V.I.P.
The way my family spends Christmas hasn't changed in about 25 years :lol: I think we are a bit set in our ways. The morning is usually travelling to my Gran's house, we have never done anything special for breakfast. Lunch is early afternoon, followed by presents, then the Grown-ups like to watch the Queen's Speech. For us it is just nice to actually all be together, most of us hardly see each other during the year, so it is good to be able to catch up.
For a second there I was like Queen's speech? What? :lol:

Christmas for my family is pretty much the same every year as well. We'll always watch It's a Wonderful Life on Christmas Eve as well as bake Christmas cookies. Usually we'll stay up way later than we should before going to bed. On Christmas morning we'll take it kind of relaxed but we'll eventually put some light music on and start opening gifts from under the tree. We'll hang out all day doing various things (sometimes dependent on any new gifts), and occasionally we will watch a Christmas movie or two.

Last Christmas for me was fun because I basically wrote my book all day with some new classical music I got (because I'm a geek :lol:)

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Christmas for me has actually changed a lot over the years. Mostly because my family has changed. My Mum got divorced when I was young and got together with another man, which mean I sort of lost one side of my family but gained a new one. The new ones live in another state, Tasmania.

So at the moment we spend every second Christmas in Tasmania, and every other one at home.

Things are different in Tassie, but as for home we usually start the morning with gift-giving. And then wait for other family members to come over (if christmas is at our house) while preparing the food for lunch. Then we have a long lunch, and usually just keep picking at the food until dinner, since we are usually too full for dinner since Christmas lunch is huge.

For the rest of the afternoon we just talk, watch movies or TV, or on one particularly hot Christmas day half my family went outside and had a water fight.

Taliesin

Registered Member
We usually go around to my folk's place and unwrap pressies, chin wag, eat, chin wag some more, eat some more, and generally vegetate. It's kinda nice but I also wouldn't mind shaking things up a bit one Christmas. There's only so much more piling on belly fat that my aging self can take. :D

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Christmas's have changed a bit over the years for my family as my siblings and cousins and everybody have gotten older, gotten married, had children, etc. Typically we open presents in the morning, which can be quite chaotic now with all the little kids running around. Then we have brunch and then sort of just relax for the rest of the day. Yeah, my family is boring.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
We eat, then we will play games or talk, sometimes fall asleep. Nothing real exciting happens we just spend time together.

penny4URthoughts

Registered Member
I'm already working a job as a sacker at H-E-B. I'm getting Christmas Day off and I'm going with the flow as the days go by.

Casioking

Registered Member
CHRISTMAS MORNING is wonderful.. getting up and peeking down at the tree.. looking in your big sock thing.. them cool chocolate filled coins

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Christmas is still very much a religious day in my family. Christmas Eve is spent with my close family only, so me, my mom and dad and brother and his wife. We exchange out gifts to each other then, which are usually bigger gifts. Christmas morning we all go to church together, including my uncle and cousins and grandparents (granddad). We take turns at whose house we go for Christmas lunch, which is always a bbq outside. We spend most of the day just talking and laughing and a big part to remember and talk about what the day really means.