• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Christmas gifts for friends

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
So I was thinking about this today...

I don't buy Christmas gifts for my friends. In fact, I don't buy them birthday gifts either. Is that weird? I mean, they don't buy them for me either so it's okay right?

Am I the only person in the world who is like this? For Christmas I literally only buy a gift for my Mom, Dad, brother and sister and that's it.

Daemonic

Registered Member
I don't specifically buy on holidays but I have gotten or made little things for friends randomly if it was something I thought they would like.

Dabs

Registered Member
I don't think that makes you weird, or different at all.
I am sure you probably might mention a "happy birthday" or something if you remember, am I right??
But to sort of answer your topic.....yes....
I buy for my friends many times thru out the year, not just for their birthday or Christmas.
I have a few internet friends that I have known for 11 years now, we always exchange little gifts thru the mail.
I also exchange cards via snail mail, with many friends, most of them from online :)
But your Mother and your Dad...should be the most important ones you do buy for, and whomever else you decide to buy for...well, Ok if you do and Ok if you don't.
Just my opinion~

ExpectantlyIronic

e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑
Only on rare occasions will I buy stuff for friends. If I have extra cash on hand and see something a friend would really like, but that's about it.

Dabs

Registered Member
I just want to add, I believe there will be a significant difference here between the ladies and the gents.
Most would agree, the ladies are more sentimental, if you will, so therefore, we are more apt to buy things for our girlfriends...and male friends :)

Bliss

Sally Twit
I buy Christmas and Birthday presents for my best friends but not all of them. It's just something I've always done. I love giving, though.

Kibi

Babeasaurus Sex
I am exactly the same as bliss. Those who mean most to me I go overboard on. I LOVE finding presents they'll love though. Its my favourite!!

<3

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I buy my brothers, my parents, and my bestfriend gifts. That's about it. I don't find it weird. My friends don't buy me gifts so why should I buy them gifts? I know that sounds childish but that is the understanding that we have. If I bought my friends gifts for Xmas, I would be broke.

Impact

V.I.P.
I don't think it's weird at all not to buy presents for your friends, especially if they don't buy for you either. I don't do presents for friends unless I know they're getting me something, have done so in the past or I see something that they would obviously love. And I wouldn't save it to give them at Christmas, I'd just give it to them randomly.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I always feel bad, because I have some friends that buy me gifts, but I've never really been able to afford to get them anything back around christmas time. Usually I have enough to buy something for my mom and each of my siblings, but usually it's something small. I'm hoping this year to at least get something for my closest 2 friends. Something small at least. (take a trip to the LC wot wot!) And definitely getting something for my mom and younger siblings.