Christmas Eve in NYC w/my loved one

Discussion in 'Dating & Relationships' started by pikabu29, Dec 20, 2007.

1. pikabu29

pikabu29 New Member

Any ideas on where to go to dinner with my boyfriend in NYC for Christmas Eve?

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

The multiple floor Olive Garden restaurant on Time's Square is pretty awesome. Ask for a window seat as well. The view at night is very cool and the atmosphere is great.

Make sure to get some wine as well. They have a pretty good selection there. :)

3. Executed_Jedi

Executed_Jedi New Member

Mcdonalds in time Square!

4. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Just... no. The view is nice but I'd rather eat $2 than pay $2 for a smashed burger lookalike. McDonald's for a special date such as Christmas Eve is dating suicide. :)

5. Psyco

Psyco Food Whore

The White Castles in the city did a special for Valentines Day a few years back. They made the restaurant all "fancy" with table cloths and candles and such, and had waiters and all.

Unless you're using NYC to talk about Manhattan, you're talking about a huge space here. It's going to be a little hard to find a place that wouldn't be too far to get to.

6. RTWmaniac

RTWmaniac Registered Member

I'm not even sure if I take the McDonalds and White Castle suggestions seriously. As far as Olive Garden goes, I would also suggest looking elsewhere. New York is one of the great culinary cities in the world. I would personally much rather find a smaller, more romantic, and more authentic Italian restaurant than eat at Olive Garden. There are numerous websites with specific search features and helpful reviews (I prefer nyc.com/restaurants). Normally I'm a big advocate of winging things like this in NYC. But I've never eaten there on Christmas Eve.

Maybe I'm misreading this, but there are literally thousands of restaurants in Manhattan alone. Virtually any kind of restaurant is a quick subway or cab ride away. Also, Manhattan is not that small! Don't underestimate getting all the way uptown from Battery Park.

7. pikabu29

pikabu29 New Member

Thanks for the feedback, although I should have been more precise in my question!

Taking into consideration that we're both on a budget and the bulk of our spending will be for other activities during the day... someone suggested going to Chinatown for an inexpensive, delicious meal. I think we might take up that suggestion!

We live in NYC, so it's not a big deal if we don't go 'all out' on X-mas. We'll have plenty of other opportunities to do so.

I heard of that White Castle promo; sounded really interesting! Did anyone ever try it out?