• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Christmas Dinner

Etherea

Registered Member
What are you having? I've made a menu but it's not set in stone so I would dearly like to hear what you're doing so I can possibly make a few changes or sneak another course in. Here's my menu:

Beansprout, cashew, radish and apple salad with a sweet chili dressing

roast peking duck, brussel sprouts, sweet potato mashed with butter and soy sauce

tiramisu

fresh mango

Coffee and whatever cake I make before Saturday (right now I'm going for double choc)

All served with a 2004 dry californian red wine (normally I have Merlot but what the hell, I'm giving this a try)

Danno

Registered Member
Where's the Pig In Blanket? No christmas is complete without that.

The Menu sounds fantastic though

Etherea

Registered Member
What the fuck is pig in blanket? Something to do with home comforts before being sent for the chop? ;)
------
Pig - pork- chops? I might have made a joke there. ;)

Last edited:

Danno

Registered Member
HaHa.

It's mini sausages wrapped in Bacon

Etherea

Registered Member
I must have had a deprived childhood! All I remember about sausages from traditional xmas dinner in my house is chipolatas. They're wee sausages aren't they, but they never had any bacon on them. That was wrapped over the turkey.

Danno

Registered Member
Yeah, you should try it. Dont get rid of the Bacon over the Turkey either. Thant's orgasmic

JaneSmith

Registered Member
Appetizers: relish tray, grureier cheese fondue. Dinner: Beef crown roast with stuffing. Asparagus, mashed potatoes, mushroom gravy, and dessert: cake.

We celebrate Christmas eve with opening presents and Stinger cocktails.

Impact

V.I.P.
That menu sounds really good Etherea.

I think we're just doing roast beef this year. I'm probably going to try spruce it up a little and make some stuffing, yorkshire puddings and what not. Mums friend who is really ill (he was given to xmas to live) is coming over so I want to try and make it really nice for him as it will be his last xmas

Dessert I think is just chocolate fudge cake. Nice and simple. We have so much chocolate and nibbles around the place we don't really need a really huge meal.

BigBob

Registered Member
Probably some Ham, Mashed Potatoes, Corn and Stuffing. Throw in some Yams as well.