Christmas Cookies

Discussion in 'Food & Beverage' started by AngelsPeak, Dec 11, 2009.

1. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Are there any you make/have every year?

What are your favorites?

My all time favorites will always be chocolate crinkles. These are the must makes each year.

2. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

Chocolate crinkles FTW!

I'm not sure what makes them specifically Christmas cookies, but they are by far my favorite.

3. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

*Googles chocolate crinkles*

They look nice! What other types of Christmas cookie are there? This is all I know of when I think of the term, lol >>

[​IMG]

Just simple cookies in the shape of xmassy things :p

4. AeonFlux

AeonFlux I am the edge!

I make ginger snaps every year. I'm not usually a big cookie fan, but these are just way too good to pass up.

5. MAgnum9987

MAgnum9987 Do What Thou Wilt

Chocolate crinklers?

I'm making my own cookies this year. I'm modifying a tollhouse cookie recipe to have Andes Mint chocolate chips, browned butter, and some peppermint oil to flavor it

6. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

I usually just make standard sugar cookies but either add a bit of almond or coconut flavoring to them just to make them a bit different and then decorate them with frosting and sprinkles... If I feel up to it I'll make any other random cookies for the spread, but my family tends to be more into cakes and other types of desserts for christmas, so I tend to focus on other desserts instead.

I had never heard of a Chocolate crinkle cookie though, they sounds pretty good, so I may try making them this year. =)

7. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

we don't make cookies for christmas.
    @bex, you cookies sound delicious.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2009
  8. Puck

Puck Registered Member

I make a rice krispie christmas tree, every year. Hah.
    I also make just plain ol' sugar cookies but decorate the crap out of them.
    I'm attempting gingerbread men this year. Fingers crossed they don't come out as blobs!

9. Jaszibabes

Jaszibabes The Instigator V.I.P. Lifetime

I used to make christmas-y sugar cookies with my dad, brother, and sister when we were younger, but haven't for quite a few years now. Not too big on cookies unless they are peanut butter cookies, though. I like other Christmas desserts more. :)

10. Dekzper

Dekzper Registered Member

I tried to make cookies twice but they're always too hard to eat. But thats okay cause we always have Christmas cookies kind of like in Rebeccaaa's pic! *grins* Thanx about the pic! We have some other kinds too and some with strawberry icing!