Christmas/Chanukah/Kwanzaa/Holiday Uberthread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kazmarov, Dec 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

So, what's going on in your holiday world? Post up gift givings, Secret Santas, shopping tales, weird news stories, or whatever else is of interest.

2. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

So this year my cousins made up this stupid exchange scheme. I guess these annual gift exchanges reflect their gradual independence. First, some background info. There are only two cousins left that are still under our parents' care, and they're me and another guy who's a senior in high school. Everyone else is in college+, making their own money.

Every year prior to last year, we did a drawing. We'd pick two names and send them one gift each from their xmas wishlist, which was posted elsewhere. Each gift was under 50$ (not including shipping and whatnot). So that made 100 bucks total.

Last year, we did a thing where we bought $50 total worth of anything and put it in a brown bag, wrapped, etc. Then we did a white elephant out of that.

This year, it's a 5 dollor or less exchange, still putting stuff in brown bags. The goal this year is for it to be "awesomely bad". :censored: that. I think it's just an excuse to be cheap (I pay for all xmas gifts, not my parents) after you've spent all your savings on other crap throughout the year. I can't think of anything good other than snacks or batteries that are under $5. :sad:

Anyone have ideas?

3. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

Toiletries? Figurines?

4. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

Our exchange between our cousins has gotten more expensive every year. Use to be 5 bucks when we were younger. 10 bucks in late grade school early high school. Then 20, now it's under 50 bucks.

Soon it will be 100.

I just bought my cousin a WoW game card to further encourage his addiction. I feel like I just bought a carton of cigarettes for a smoker.

Seriously he's play it for 74 days his character was the max level for 56 of those days...

5. njbroncsfan

njbroncsfan Registered Member

Christmas eve with my Dad's side. It's at my house this year.

Christmas day at my Uncle's house w/ my Mom's side.

6. Corona

Corona Registered Member

Strippers in santa and elf costumes.

Also, Bud Celebrate.

7. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

I just got the first couple of gifts online, I plan to raid the local antique shops this weekend to get more.

8. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

I hope no one is sending those "online gifts" on Facebook as a real gift. I saw a news report on that, and how it was the "new thing".

I want real presents, dammit. :p

9. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

I'm excited about Christmas for the first time in a long long time, because my daughter is so into it. And she doesn't even know about presents yet. She gets really excited every time she sees Christmas lights :wub:

I'm going to take her to the Toledo Zoo's Christmas lights display, she'll love it!

10. Anjiru Ookami

Anjiru Ookami Registered Member

*sigh* This year me, my bro, and my mom(Although she never does) aren't going to decorate for christmas. There was a flood in the basement, and all of our christmas decorations were ruined.

And this year I have no money to buy anything, it sucks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.