Christmas All Year Round!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wooly, Nov 4, 2009.

1. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

I've been seeing christmas ads on TV since October, and it's really starting to piss me off by now. I've never been a fan of christmas but i think part of the reason is this ridiculous amount of advertising and having it shoved in our faces for half the year! The word christmas shouldn't even be mentioned until 1st December, EARLIEST.

Does this annoy anybody else? Christmas ads, songs and decorations months before christmas is even on? When do you think people should start christmas hype?

Or am i just a big old scrooge? :p

EllyDicious and Pugz like this.

2. Barbara

Barbara Ess Tii Eph Yu V.I.P. Lifetime

It only bothers me because it reminds me of the fact that for the next few months I have no life.

3. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

The excessive ads and decorations do get on my nerves, and it is pushed too much. I'd rather not see anything about Christmas until at least after Thanksgiving (end of November).

4. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I'm not a big fan of Christmas to begin with, especially this year. So seeing all the crap out already is pretty ridiculous.

5. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

i want to rep you but i have to spread it around.
    i've never been a fan of Christmas either. I find it pointless for people to be preparing for xmas starting from these days. Even when shops get overwhelmed with Christmas products is something i can't really stand.
    a friend of mine started to buy xmas stuff since the beginning of October.
    it annoys me very much.

i think people should start xmas decoration after December the 20th.

6. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I'm used to it to be honest. I just ignore it. I used to get pissed off with it but now I'll just switch over immediately.

7. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

It annoys the hell out of me. I'm sick of Christmas by the end of November. I used to like Christmas until it became ubiquitous

8. Pugz

Pugz Ms. Malone V.I.P. Lifetime

I saw a store assistant putting up tinsel in SEPTEMBER!

She wasn't thrilled about it either and i'm not the type to kick up a fuss over nothing so i just left the store and haven't been back since.

9. Envy

Envy Band Nerd ♫

Doesn't bother me one bit! I guess I'm still like a little kid in that way.

I love Christmas time! It's when we get our first winter storm (which is usually, ironically, the worst of the entire winter.) and I always love that.

Plus I don't like Halloween all of that much anyways... Dressing up is fun, but I don't like scary things, and I'm scared easily. D: My friends always want to make me watch a scary movie when the time of the year comes along, luckily the last few years the worst thing I've seen is Saw movies, which are just gross, not scary.

But I'll admit it's a bit early for Christmas music. We already have a station where I live that is playing constant Christmas music. It is one of the stations that I listen to regularly. Even though I like Christmas time I've gone to a different radio station. But it's likely that I turned it just because it will make me depressed... Last Christmas time was definitely a lot better for me.

10. TheMaster

TheMaster Registered Member

I don't find it that bad, I'm a big fan of christmas and it gets me in the spirit of it, also I'm looking forward to getting the christmas tree soon :L