Christians, would this offend you?

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
My friend (a Christian) was walking up to the convenience store the other day and one of the houses she was walking past had a sign in the window that said, "In God we Trust" and then behind the words was a crucifix decorated like an American flag.

She said that the first thing that struck her was that Christ didn't die for America, he died for the world and she found it insulting that someone would connect the cross to the American flag (or any other country flag for that matter).

Thoughts?

She said that the first thing that struck her was that Christ didn't die for America, he died for the world and she found it insulting that someone would connect the cross to the American flag (or any other country flag for that matter).
Your friend is right.

That wouldn't offend me. I'm more offended by people who wear the cross who say they're Christan, but don't follow none of the commandments. Such as a rapper wearing a diamond encrusted, ghetto-looking cross while singing about their b****es and h*es having sex with this and that.

Duke1985

EatsApplePieShitsFreedom
Your friend is right.

That wouldn't offend me. I'm more offended by people who wear the cross who say they're Christan, but don't follow none of the commandments. Such as a rapper wearing a diamond encrusted, ghetto-looking cross while singing about their b****es and h*es having sex with this and that.
A diamond encrusted cross is pretty silly. I don't have a problem with Christians that break the rules, I do you, and you probably do too, as every time I step foot in a Church (which is why I don't go to church) I'm told we're all sinners.. God decides who is and isn't a real Christian I'd guess.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
it's not offensive but it's typical of the $8/hour republican types.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
I don't see it offended just really dumb.

Countries always think God/Jesus is on their side when fighting again another nation or people. That their cause is just.

The fact that the sign was manufactured shows how dense our country is.

Blueyes

Registered Member
its not offensive, just dumb. Although, it does seem kinda funny in a "lets all get drunk and go to the flea market" kinda way.
Actually I was thinking more redneck but it would have to have been a confederate flag instead of an american flag. :/ Either way that just doesn't make any sense but no it doesn't bother me.