Christianity

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by lavoidgaskins, Oct 20, 2007.

1. lavoidgaskins

lavoidgaskins Registered Member

Several users have taken the time to vote and, have come to gether to say they are christians. Here is the place where I'd like those users as well as others to voice thier opinion as to what christianity is to them.

To me, christianity is simply your unique relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ. It's having faith, and beliving in thruth. It's the reasurance there is forgiveness, that it's acceptable to all, knowing it's impossible to continue such an sinful life, turning from sin/self self, and gaining enternal life, and Heaven. That fusion is what Christianity is about.

2. Pugz

Pugz Ms. Malone V.I.P. Lifetime

Truthfully? I speak only truth when i say this.

Christianity is a lie, you're all technically Pagan!

3. Irishone21

Irishone21 Registered Member

Jesus is the Teacher who speaks the wisdom of God.

4. Corona

Corona Registered Member

Prove it.

5. Shwa

Shwa Gay As Fuck V.I.P. Lifetime

[​IMG]

I thought of this when the topic came to mind, I'm a Catholic but this just seemed funny.

~Shwa'

6. Jesus Freak

Jesus Freak Guest

I'm a christian and have been since this summer. The Bible says "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" 2 Cor 5:17 And I've gotta say, that verse is 100% true. You can worship two people. The true God, or the lower case god..You. I put myself in the drivers seat for most of my life. Putting yourself in that stop is self worship. It's idolitry. My problem throughtout most of my life is, I lived for what I disired. If I wanted to lie, I lie. Steal, I steal, disopey my parents, I would disobey my parents. That's breaking the commandments. I did that stuff on a regular! I'm not telling you guys I'm perfect, because I'm not. I still have problems today, but now I have someone to turn to.

A lot of people say, well, prove God exist, have you seen Him, stuff like that...Well, Can you see the wind? No. But I've seen the effects of the wind. And I can see the effects of God.

"In my mind, I can see Your face
    As Your love pours down in a shower of grace
    Some people tell me that You're just a dream
    My faith is the evidence of things unseen"
    -dc Talk

What I think separates Christianity from many other religions, God sent down His one and ONLY Son, to die for me and you. Jesus didn't deserve to die up there...He was perfect, but he said, I will go, so we could recieve the gift of everlasting life. I deserved to be up on that cross, not Him. But He did it, for me.
    So, there ya go. I'm a Christian...a Jesus Freak. And I don't care what ya'll think about me for my beliefs.

Take Care

7. MasterChad

MasterChad Registered Member

We can feel the wind which is one of our sences and thats proof that the wind exist

Use a better metaphor

8. tipsycatlover

tipsycatlover Registered Member

Can you see radio waves? Can you feel a magnetic field? Can you disprove the existence of a quark?

A friend was an atheist until he took a course in quantum physics, it changed his mind real fast.

If I cannot prove to you that God exists, then neither can you prove to me that God does not exist. Merely be not seeing, feeling, hearing or smelling God is not sufficient proof that God does not exist, the same way that the absence of those senses proves that radio waves and magnetic fields do not exist.

9. MasterChad

MasterChad Registered Member

99% of the bible can be proven wrong/impossible

10. lavoidgaskins

lavoidgaskins Registered Member

Oh really. Please give some prove behind those statemnets.

I've taken the time to edit my post, and include what I know Christianity to be. Please take your time to look at what I said, if it's in your will.

Read the Bible Corona, and you'll have all the proove you need.

It's sad that you would actually find some thing like that funny. I do belive your faith is little.