Christian returns!

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Ryuk, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Ryuk

Ryuk Registered Member

Surprise surprise, guess tonight was a good night to turn Tuesday Night Velocity on. Great surprise move by the WWE brining him back this way, the whole week all you'll hear from them is "Look what you missed on Tuesday night!'

2. Unity

Unity I drink & I know things. Staff Member

Hadn't one of our Canadian brethren mentioned something about Thread Titles spoiling things for people? It applied to RAW, I'm not sure about EC-Dub.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

What the heck, you got to be kidding me. That's a really bad way to make him return to the WWE. You got to make it on Raw or Smackdown, or even a pay per view, you don't make it on a show like Velocity. Bad judment of WWE part.

4. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

This is bullshit. I want to see Christian higher up than ECW.

5. Babe_Ruth

Dont worry, he's definitely not going to stay on EWC, he'll be making a splash on Raw or Smackdown. There's no way he would accept a contract from WWE if they planned on having him on EWC.

6. Ryuk

Ryuk Registered Member

Not intended as such, especially considering that the post was made after he debued and the show was over. But if this is a problem then lock the thread BR with my apologies.

Oh without question, this is probably just for a few quick months and then Christian goes prime time. The reason I think it's a smart move for now is that I think it's going to get a number of people to tune into Tuesday Night Velocity to watch him, if anything it's going to generate some viewer interest.

7. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Unless TNA really is as shitty as we've all heard.

If ECW is preferable to TNA, I may cry.

8. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

I thought that was pretty ridiculous. I hope they don't use christian now just to try and boost ratings for ECW...

I mean Hardy's gone back to Smackdown now, so is Christian just going to take his place as the 'big name' on ECW for the next few months?

9. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Ok, here we go, Christian is back but on ECW? I have alot to say on this issue as I've gone back and forth since he came back yesterday. First off, I missed it. I was at bowling and my brother called me and I was shocked...I was able to get home in time to see him beat Swagger. Anyways,

First off, why did Christian need the help of a midget to beat Swagger? If they didnt want the champ pinned clean then Christian should have faced someone else.

This gives people a reason to watch ECW, I get it. It also fills the void that Matt Hardy left when he jumped to Smackdown, I get that too. I just dont get why if they are going to bring him back on ECW, a show nobody watches, why they didnt say a huge return was happening and entice people to watch. Most people missed this last night. It was a good shocker but not on a big enough stage for my taste.

I suppose Vince sees Christian as someone who can help ECW in the meantime, ease him in as a face like they did with Jericho, and then switch him when they feel like it.

I'm just happy he's back...it feels a little anti-climatic but too bad I guess. Hopefully this means he wins the ECW title at Wrestlemania, has a nice run, and then draft time in June switches it up. It might not be a bad idea keeping him away from Edge for the time being.

10. Babe_Ruth

He doesn't belong on a show like ECW, I much rather see him on Smackdown or Raw, I think it would be smarter from the WWE to make him feud against CM Punk for the IC Title, I think that would be a good feud and a good way to bring him back.

It should be interesting to see where this leads, I guess it's a wait and see game with him.