• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Christian Radio Hosts: Gays Commit Half The Murders In Large Cities

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Article Link:

Christian Radio Hosts: Gays Commit Half The Murders In Large Cities

Haha, oh man this is rich. These Christian radio hosts want to speak badly about homosexuals so much that they are actually using false numbers and statistic from an old homophobic newspaper and talking about them as if they are fact. I wonder if they know how stupid this makes them look.

After this basically nothing they say can be taken seriously. How will people know if they are reporting genuine news or facts or made up statistics just to prove some kind of non-existent point?

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
This is clearly bigotry and homophobia. They have no evidence that gays commit that many murders. As far as I know most urban murders are committed by the poor because of their involvement in crime. These hosts are clearly digging hard for any reason to hate homosexuals.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Radio hosts, Christian and non alike, can make some pretty ridiculous statements in an effort to up their following with other shallow minded individuals like themselves. I try to avoid listening to them all. This man is a bigot and I'm sure other bigots are going to buy into everything he says without questioning it.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I agree this is clearly bigotry and homophobia. Those stats couldn't even be verified in 1992 much less now. There is no way 3.4% of the population commits 50% of the murders in a large city. If anything the gay community is the recipient of a larger percentage of the population than most others.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I find it ironic that while there is no way to prove that gays commit more murders... because it doesn't happen, it HAS been proven that homosexuals have a high suicide rate... because of people like this saying things like this on air.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I find it ironic that while there is no way to prove that gays commit more murders... because it doesn't happen, it HAS been proven that homosexuals have a high suicide rate... because of people like this saying things like this on air.
That's a good point, I agree with you. Being publically humiliated and made fun of and being "guilty by association" because of who you are attracted to has to be more than what some people can deal with sometimes. These kinds of statements can only be bad and contribute to horrible things some people do to themselves because of it.