• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Christian groups sue Kansas schools

Taliesin

Registered Member
I'm with Cru on this one. Why not teach both in schools? There's room enough in any curriculum for children to learn the different ways in which different people view the world. Keep science stuff for the science classes, and keep religious stuff for the religious classes.

One thing I would add to this is that religious classes shouldn't be about proselytising one particular religion, but about genuinely learning about all the different religions that are out there in the world. There's absolutely no place for fundamentalist preaching in schools, but a little learning about all the different faiths down through the ages? I don't see the problem with that.