christian game reviews

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by taghole, Apr 25, 2008.

1. taghole

taghole New Member

Okay, i'm a catholic. but i've read a lot of christian game reviews and i'm like, " WHAT THE CRAP." They had the nerve to criticize games like halo, zelda, etc. they are some of the best games ever made!

Yeah, they had different gods and godesses, but whatever!

how a video game is used: person buys it. person takes it home. person plays it. person beats it. person plays it with friends. person either keeps it of trades it in. NOWHERE in those sentences it says: person starts religous path based on gods/godesses. NOBODY is going to go to hell for PLAYING A VIDEO GAME. please post your opinions.

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

If you're looking for unbiased game reviews you probably shouldn't be reading reviews from any religious viewpoints. If they're going to criticize a game for having fictional gods and other things that conflict with their religion, then they obviously can't review games objectively. Why even waste your time?

3. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

If an individual wants to play a video game then I say go for it, that's what ratings are for, to forewarn you before you play the game and the same company (ESRB) rates pretty much every video game so it's always based off of the same system.

But I will admit that some games are just senseless violence that nobody needs to play, as for criticizing halo or zelda that's a hopeless argument especially with zelda it's one of the most popular games of all time. I'm not going to lie you're a pretty stupid idiot if you believe in the triforce, din, farore, nayru and various other elements of the game.

4. Teorropy

Teorropy Registered User

You have to remember their are people that take things way to far when it concerns religion. I am a religious person, but I don't see any thing wrong with those kind of games.

5. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

Dude you're alive. Whaddup dogg.

Frankly I would like to see what reviews you are reading that would put a religious spin on criticizing a game. I have never even heard of that.

6. Clear_Note

Clear_Note Demon King/Sith Warrior

There's tons of fundamentalist bastards who are like that on the internet making their self absorbed comments on everything that basically says "prevent your kids from being in contact with <insert franchise here> it's made of evil and will make your kids not Christian!"

An example is the landover baptist church, who i remember reviewed pokemon and talked about how evil it is. Another person reviewed pokemon too, but i can't remember who he/she/it is.

Anyone who decides to pick something popular with kids and find everything wrong with it so they can label it evil is an idiot and a self centered perfectionist.

Whew, half-angry mini rant. Anyway, there's also people who are smart enough to see stuff like that as just a game.
    Satire - "Pokemon is evil" say parents, Christians, dislexics. But experts disagree

Last edited: Apr 26, 2008
  7. pus_in_boots

pus_in_boots Registered Member

These christian game reviews are just another way for them to proclaim that Christianity is the only religion and if it doesn't like something that you like, than you are a heretical demon-worshipper. they also forget that most games (like Halo) are a work of fiction. So instead of critisising fictional books or films for making their own fictional religion to aid the story, these self-indulged bastards make it their personal mission to satanise games. It's all Christian propaganda. "Follow our religion or your a sinner", you know?

8. viLky

viLky ykLiv

You mean it's NOT real? Woooah... I've been outside all day killing spiders trying to get a gold skulltula.

A lot of those conservatives will go overboard on their judgment and look down on almost any game with any hint of violence or blood. Fantasy violence and blood let I remind you. As Echoes said, you need to find unbias reviews for games. I suggest GameFAQs.com

9. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

I thought this thread was about reviews for Christian-based games but I guess I got it backwards. And plus you could say the same thing if other people of different religions were to review games.

10. pus_in_boots

pus_in_boots Registered Member

The thing is, what do religion and games have in common? Nothing. They're invading an aera that they know young people are interested in. It's all manipulation.