• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Religion Christian College Groups Discrimination

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
That Christian group was derecognized because they said their leaders had to be Christians. That means that the college is demanding that they allow non-Christians to be members and even leaders.
That sounds about right.

A Christian group with non-Christian members is NOT a Christian group. Its a generic religious group. But maybe they have atheist members too so that would mean its just a generic group. So calling that a Christian group would be a lie since people from any (or no) religion can join up.
I don't agree with that. If the group discusses predominantly Christian topics and worships God as a group, then I'd say it's still a Christian group regardless of who is participating. Maybe atheists or people of other religions want to learn about Christianity and be exposed to Christian lifestyles and maybe meet new friends.

If I ever join a Christian group and I discover it has non-Christian members then fine. But I will stop calling it a Christian group. Only Christians are Christian.
You are certainly entitled to call it whatever you want. It doesn't change what the group is about, however.
------
I disagree, most spent their time on the most frivolous nonsense, and have no problem trying to "enact social change" as they see it.
We'll have to agree to disagree here. I don't think there is any evidence one way or another as to whether college students care enough to take over a harmless religious group. If it were an extremist group of Westboro Baptist followers or something controversial like that, then I can see a group of activists trying to infiltrate their group. Otherwise no, I think it's extremely unlikely. But that's just my personal opinion on the matter.

No, because that's available for everyone. If they were providing that for one religious group and not another, then it would violate the Constitution.
I guess it depends on how one interprets the Establishment Clause and the Everson v. Board of Education Supreme Court ruling in 1947.

Last edited: