• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Religion Christian College Groups Discrimination

Mickiel

Registered Member
My view of God is not pessimistic, my view of Christianity is. You just have the gall of thinking the two are the same; you think God is Christianity,

I think Christianity is God's way of deceiving this world.

Making it ripe for his redemption.

dDave

V.I.P.
My view of God is not pessimistic, my view of Christianity is. You just have the gall of thinking the two are the same; you think God is Christianity,

I think Christianity is God's way of deceiving this world.

Making it ripe for his redemption.
That's exactly it. Am I supposed to view it as not pessimistic that you think God is a deceiver? Satan is the one that is known as the Deceiver not God.

I'm not saying the world wasn't/isn't ripe for God's redemption but I do not believe that it's because of God that we were in such a state in the first place.

I'm really not trying to belittle your beliefs at all. I am just trying to understand how you justify that God is a deceiver, what actual evidence do you have?

And no, I do not think God is Christianity. :)

Mickiel

Registered Member
That's exactly it. Am I supposed to view it as not pessimistic that you think God is a deceiver? Satan is the one that is known as the Deceiver not God.

I'm not saying the world wasn't/isn't ripe for God's redemption but I do not believe that it's because of God that we were in such a state in the first place.

I'm really not trying to belittle your beliefs at all. I am just trying to understand how you justify that God is a deceiver, what actual evidence do you have?

And no, I do not think God is Christianity. :)

If I showed you the evidence, you still will not accept it, because you are Christian; you're view of God is traditional.

But since you asked, lets start with Ezekiel 14:9, " And if the prophet be deceived when he has spoken a thing, I the Lord have deceived that prophet. Now this is God himself talking. God again speaks in 1 Kings 22:22 and reveals that he actually puts " Lying spirits" in the mouths of some prophets. There are many more verses, but I already know that they are not understood by Christianity. God himself admits he deceives; but Christianity cannot admit that, even coming from the mouth of God himself.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
MOD POST

Stay on topic please. If you wish to start another discussion, please start another thread. Mods may take action past this post if the thread continues to trend off topic. Let's return to the topic at hand.

Clare

Registered Member
Well I can understand why the Christian group is annoyed by this, and like it's been said it's anti-discrimination gone too far.

But, having said that, I can't imagine it ever actually being a problem. Say they did give in to the request, I doubt they'd get many (if any) non-Christian people putting their name up for a leadership role. And anyone that did clearly wouldn't get voted in!

Mickiel

Registered Member
Christians have leaders in government, in the boy scouts, in public schools, in science, in the military, in the media, in the food industry, in fashion, in sports, and share those leadership positions with all types of people;

if they can do it in those areas, why not in their colleges? If Christianity is so evangelical as they claim, why not position carnal unbelievers right where they can easily convert them?

What's there to be afraid of? 1/3rd of the world is Christian, what's a few more unbelievers added to the flock going to hurt? I think they are already in the flock anyhow.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Christians have leaders in government, in the boy scouts, in public schools, in science, in the military, in the media, in the food industry, in fashion, in sports, and share those leadership positions with all types of people;

if they can do it in those areas, why not in their colleges? If Christianity is so evangelical as they claim, why not position carnal unbelievers right where they can easily convert them?

What's there to be afraid of? 1/3rd of the world is Christian, what's a few more unbelievers added to the flock going to hurt? I think they are already in the flock anyhow.
You're not understanding. These are CHRISTIAN groups. Those are examples of SECULAR groups. I'm a member of the Knights of Columbus. Why would we allow an officer that isn't a member. I'm a member of the American Bar Association. Why would we want an officer who isn't a member, or isn't even a lawyer?

Mickiel

Registered Member
You're not understanding. These are CHRISTIAN groups. Those are examples of SECULAR groups. I'm a member of the Knights of Columbus. Why would we allow an officer that isn't a member. I'm a member of the American Bar Association. Why would we want an officer who isn't a member, or isn't even a lawyer?

Your not understanding, its predestined to happen anyway. According to the bible, your Christian leadership is destined to fail.

Now, wouldn't it be interesting for a non Christian to show you that? Jesus was not a Christian, God is not a Christian, and absolutely none of the biblical prophets were Christian; and none of the Spirit beings in heaven are Christians;

Christianity is only important to Christians; much of you're leadership is already secular, you just are not aware of that;

or afraid of it.

Mickiel

Registered Member
Your not understanding, its predestined to happen anyway. According to the bible, your Christian leadership is destined to fail.

Now, wouldn't it be interesting for a non Christian to show you that? Jesus was not a Christian, God is not a Christian, and absolutely none of the biblical prophets were Christian; and none of the Spirit beings in heaven are Christians;

Christianity is only important to Christians; much of you're leadership is already secular, you just are not aware of that;

or afraid of it.

Well obviously I have struck a nerve; please forgive me for challenging you; discrimination in religion was championed by Christians in my view; you started it, now you live in what you historically started. If I am wrong, please correct me; something I think Christians are good at doing, correcting others.

You corrected human history, now you must live with it.

Now IF God was NOT behind the correction, it simply will fail.

I am curious; can any of you Christians show me where Christianity has accomplished correcting human history?

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Challenging me? You aren't challenging me, you have no idea what you're talking about. You are still missing the point. This thread is about a Christian group wanting Christian leadership. It's extremely simple.