• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Chris Paul's comments

BourneofDarkness15

Registered Member
Recently Clippers star Chris Paul came under fire for his comments towards rookie referee Lauren Holtkamp for some calls she made during the Clippers/Warriors game, some deemed his comments sexist when all he really did say was that maybe this isn't for her. I still say his comments weren't sexist and that the referee (rookie or not) made bad calls but of course you can't criticize the officials so a $25,000 fine was laid down on Paul. My question is (for those who know about this situation) do you think his comments were sexist?

knickstape2107

Registered Member
He said nothing wrong. People criticize refs all the time and it had nothing to do with gender. It had everything to do with how bad of a call he thought it was.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
knickstape2107 said:
He said nothing wrong. People criticize refs all the time and it had nothing to do with gender. It had everything to do with how bad of a call he thought it was.

Agreed! It was a BS call! He has every reason to criticize it. Wasn't about being a woman, he would have said the same thing if it was a male referee.

willge87

Registered Member
A person in the public spotlight surrenders much of their personal control over the message. It no longer matters what a person actually meant.

I realize that Paul would have criticized the official regardless of gender, however perhaps the "this isn't for you" part may have gone a tad too far.

BourneofDarkness15

Registered Member
willge87 said:
A person in the public spotlight surrenders much of their personal control over the message. It no longer matters what a person actually meant.

I realize that Paul would have criticized the official regardless of gender, however perhaps the "this isn't for you" part may have gone a tad too far.
I can see that part, however he also had a point.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
willge87 said:

...yeah because I have never, ever, not once, in my entire life, certainly when I was managing a processing live, said "maybe this just isn't for him" when talking about a new employee...

The only people that seen it as a gender comment are people who are gender sensitive. Just like those who love playing the race card when race isn't an issue.