• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Chris Paul Wins ROY

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well it's official Chris Paul won the 2006 Rookie of the Year award.

Paul received 124 out of a possible 125 first-place votes (623 points) from a panel of sportswriters and broadcasters throughout the United States and Canada, the largest percent of votes since David Robinson received 100 percent of first-place votes in 1989-90. Players were awarded five points for each first-place vote, three points for each second-place vote and one point for each third-place vote received. Toronto’s Charlie Villanueva finished second with 248 points and Milwaukee’s Andrew Bogut finished third with 98 points.

Courtesy of www.nba.com

Congratulations.

M

Molina

Im not surprised with it.

Cp3 played very well, made a loser team, like Hornetsm, 10º in the west, made a triple double.

Can be a new Jason Kidd.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Oh I don't think he can become a player like J Kidd, he is a better scorer that's for sure, but he doesn't have the court sence like J Kidd, passing wise, and J Kidd always knows where the rebound will be that's why he's the best rebouding point guard in the league.

T

T-Bag

Paul really deserved it,he made the Hornets almost a playoff team.Next year they are in and Paul will continue to make the fans wonder why they can't have a point guard like him on their roster.

T

ThaGeNeCySt

yeah he definately deserved it.. i couldn't see the award go to any other rookie as easily as I could see it go to Chris Paul. Hopefully the GM's can build a solid team around them to make them playoff contendors.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Now Probably the Hawks are kicking themselves in the ass for not picking Chris Paul, they instead pick Marvin Williams even though he still has loads of potential.

P

profe

This definetly wast a suprise, but who the hell was that fool who took deron over chris? must be out of his mind.. one of those utah mormons. Anyway, fantastic season for paul and to quote Hollinger "Third best rookie guard in history" thats heavy but damn..

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Who does that Hollinger person think are the two best rookie guards ever I bet one was Magic Johnson but who was the other person?

T

tlo450

who was the retard who didnt give him a first place vote?
anyways there was no point in voting for first. it was odvious paul was going to get it. They should of just voted for 2nd :D

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
There's no doubt that Chris Paul was gonna win the award. But we they still gotta vote lol. It was a great race for second that's for sure. Charlie V and Andrew Bogut battled for second all year. Charlie V took it though.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B NBA 6
K NBA 11
Joshua Howe NBA 6
StroShow NBA 0
Babe_Ruth NBA 2