• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Chris Johnson released by Titans

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Chris Johnson cut. Clayton says Jets are the favorites to sign him, but that's probably just because they have cap space.

Well, which teams are in dire need of a RB like Chris Johnson right now? If the Jets are one of them, then sure, go ahead. But I think Johnson could probably be a better fit elsewhere than in a dysfunctional team like the J-E-T-S at the moment.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
To no ones surprise, Chris Johnson signed with the Jets.

http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/story/?id=449531

I personally believe this is a good pick-up for New York. I think Johnson is still capable of getting the yards. I just believe that he needed a new start somewhere else. Just seemed like he wore his welcome in Tennessee.

He might be a good fit for the Jets' offensive scheme but as dysfunctional as this organization is, I really don't know if it's gonna show on the field this season.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I like some of the moves the Jets made this offseason. Having Ivory and Johnson in the backfield is a nice tandem

And then adding Eric Decker to the receiver core as well. And I think Vick will be better than Geno Smith.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
BourneofDarkness15 said:
If Vick can stay healthy (big If) then he could lead the Jets to the playoffs
This was a great sighing, but what they need to be a contender next season is a great draft. If they can load up on wide receivers and improve the secondary, then I'm convinced that the jets will be a threat in the playoffs