Chris Jericho's WWE future

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
So on RAW last night Chris Jericho announced that he would quit the WWE if he didn't win the Championship at Night of Champions. That scared me because of the news I had read the week before about his contract expiring and how he hadn't re-upped yet.

I'm sure WWE is just doing that in case he leaves to explain his disappearance, again, from the WWE.

Then I see this on rajah.com

-- Rajah.com -- WWE News, Rumors, Results & InformationUpdate On Chris Jericho's WWE Contract Expiring & His Future

The WWE cannot afford to lose that guy but if he wants to do other things then there's no stopping him.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
Losing Chris Jericho would be devastating for us fans, but there is nothing that can really be done about this. He now has his own TV show, and his band as well. I doubt that he will win at NOC but he will be back especially if his TV show flunks. It not like he is retiring we will see him again, and Jericho leaving right now would not be a huge blow in my opinion. The WWE has sunk to pretty low lately and I wouldn't blame Jericho leaving for a while.

Controversial: I was never a fan of Chris Jericho. I respect his EXTREME work ethic, solid performance and all that jazz, but I just can't get behind him. I always thought - and continue to think - Jericho is only popular due to Canadian support. Him, Edge, Trish, Bret, Christian... heck, even Santino get huge pops whenever the WWE visits Canada. I just don't get it. Is there any Canadian wrestler that they don't like?

If he leaves I don't see it as a major lost for WWE, or even a gain for TNA (if they ever acquired him), I just see it as another star leaving.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Stop it with those Canadian comments Vilky, they hold no ground at all.

Chris Jericho will not be coming back after his contract, he's going on tour with his band and he wants a "Undertaker" type of schedule and the WWE doesn't want to give him that. Which I believe is BS because he deserves it, he's done so much for the company and deserves that type of treatmant.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I love Jericho but I hate his current gimmick. The NoC stipulation is the WWE's way of explaining him leaving if he doesn't sign a new contract.

He's a top heel and the company will miss him big time.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
If he leaves I don't see it as a major lost for WWE, or even a gain for TNA (if they ever acquired him), I just see it as another star leaving.
You are half right there Vilky, it wouldn't serve as a major loss for the WWE, but if TNA were to acquire him it would be a huge boost for them. Just imagine the feuds that he can have in that company. Jericho has already accomplished everything in the WWE. I'll miss him but not that much.

Unity

#WOKEN
Staff member
It sounds very bad, but Jericho is just the total package and I hope he somehow stays in wrestling. I'm hoping it's some sort of "play angle" because everyone on the net knows that his contract is almost up.

At first I was hoping "No more Chris Jericho = return of Y2J" but that's too much to ask, lol.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
He'll be back eventually, but the question is when. He said that he wants to wrestle for another five years than call it a career. Jericho as a lot of his plate right now, so he doesn't want a normal schedule.

I for one don't want to see him leave, since he's one of the best in the business, and you can always count on him for an entertaining match.

Unity

#WOKEN
Staff member
It would be a bigger bummer if he only plans for 5 more years and the next year or two is spent doing other things...why not wait until after that?