Chris Chelios to the KHL??

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I say this on another site...they said they saw this on Twitter, but Chelios told his inner cycle he's considering the KHL next year.

Unreal...

what's the friggin point?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't know what the point is, he played a bit in the AHL with the Thrashers orginazation last year then got called up for a few games. I understand that you have passion for the game but sometimes you just got to call it quits.

A lot of people think he keeps playing because he wants to play at older age that Gordie Howe ever did. Don't know how much truth there is behind that, but I think he should hang his skates up and go into coaching.

Beef

Registered Member
I don't know what the point is, he played a bit in the AHL with the Thrashers orginazation last year then got called up for a few games. I understand that you have passion for the game but sometimes you just got to call it quits.

A lot of people think he keeps playing because he wants to play at older age that Gordie Howe ever did. Don't know how much truth there is behind that, but I think he should hang his skates up and go into coaching.
A lot of people think that because he did say it in an interview probably seven or eight years ago. I remember watching it, can't remember what program. He did say last year something along the lines that it wasn't going to happen though.

Why should he hang them up? He is old but I can't fault him for loving the game so much and his passion to play. I hope he continues playing.

Beef

Registered Member
If he can find someone willing to pay him to keep playing, by all means do it. I agree, who are we to tell him to stop. Most of us would give our left nut to be paid to play hockey for a living.