Chris Carpenter going to DL

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Cardinals manager Tony La Russa said Tuesday night that it looks like Chris Carpenter is "going to be out for a while" with a left rib cage strain.

Carpenter will head to St. Louis Thursday for further assessment by team doctors. It appears he's headed for the disabled list. The Cardinals may call up Mitchell Boggs or try to stretch out reliever Kyle McClellan to fill Carpenter's spot in the rotation. The club could also decide to call up P.J. Walters. Either way, this is a big blow to the Redbirds and fantasy teams alike
Carp is officially on the DL. Chris Perez and MItchell Boggs have been recalled...Brad Thompson was sent to AAA.

Boggs will probably be the long man and then be sent down before Sundays game against Chicago. PJ Walters will probably get the start there.

Anyways, this fucking blows.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Does this really surprise you Millz, like lets face it Chris Carpenter is a band aid. Ever since he got that Tommy John surgery with the Blue Jays he could barely stay healthy for a full season. It's very frustrating because when healthy he's one of the best.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Not shocked at all to be honest.

He has a partial tear in his obligue...could be a long stint on the DL. Bleh.