Chris Benoit?

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Babe_Ruth, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Will the WWE forgive and forget about the whole Chris Benoit situation and induct him in the Hall of Fame. I think everyone pretty much agrees that if he never killed his family he would of been inducted eventually.

Discuss

2. Duke1985

Duke1985 EatsApplePieShitsFreedom

I personally hope they don't. If he had it in him to kill his family then he was a horrible person and he should be forgotten. I'll loose alot of respect for them if they go ahead and do that.

3. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Hall of fame?? No chance in hell. Shit, they dont even show or mention him in wwe 24\7 or the website. Theres no forgiving here...the man is in hell...rotting away.

4. Babe_Ruth

I agree with you two, he's done a lot of for the business, but there's no way that he should be inducted in the hall of fame. What he's done is hard to forget, and there's no way that hes going to be mentioned again in the WWE.

5. Stab-o-Matic5000

Stab-o-Matic5000 Cutting Edge in Murder

Yeah, killing his wife and mentally disabled son can't be overcome by 5 lifetimes of accomplishments.

6. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I can't see them doing it either. The guy's wrestling career unfortunately means nothing as it's now in the shadow of the horrifying events that took place in his home.

7. Atreyu

Atreyu #2 New Zealander

Another Question, Do you guys think Benoit would have been in the hall of fame anyway?

8. Babe_Ruth

No doubt about it, Chris Benoit was successful in ECW/WCW and the WWF/E. There's no doubt that in my mind that he would of be inducted in the hall of fame if he never killed his family. He was one of the best in the business. He didn't have the microphone skills, but when it came to wrestling he was one of the best.

9. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I think he certainly would have made it. Not to the same effect as someone like Stone Cold or the Undertaker, but he would certainly be recognized.

10. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

I dont think when this happened that Benoit was there at that point. Given that he would have, probably, wrestled more years I think eventually he'd get in.

But if you're asking whether or not his resume at the time of his death warranted induction? I'm not so sure it did.